My Xmas Present To Myself

CelticRacer

Here is what i had in my sol up until recently...

DSC02025.jpg

2x 12" Dual subs with a Dual Amp

As you have seen from my previous pics it was way too big for the car...

And here is what i have now..

DSC02027.jpg

12" Sony Xplod sub with a Dual Amp

Just a comparison to show the diff in size...

DSC02024.jpg

And installed in the car...

DSC02033.jpg

ehh get a real amp dual is one of those companys that lie about how much watts the amp really is get a kenwood or a sony or something and that sub will hit alot louder and the amp will last alot longer.

the dual subs where 550 watt each and the sony is 1200 watt... from what i have seen at low volume they are about the same...

the amp will be getting replaced ion the future but for now it works...

ehh get a real amp dual is one of those companys that lie about how much watts the amp really is get a kenwood or a sony or something and that sub will hit alot louder and the amp will last alot longer.

Sony, Kenwood, Duel, Jenson, Lightening Audio Bolts and all the other bottom end junk can be stuffed in the same box and set out by the road. I know some people will ask whats wrong with Sony or Kenwood but heres the cold hard facts. . for sub amps, Kenwoods dont make enough power.. . And Sony hasnt been worth pissing on since the Mobile ES series stuff back in the 90's

To the OP, if your happy with your system then all is well. . . its really low end though. dont let that Sony see a real 1200 watts or it fall apart

Is that the max watts, or the RMS?

As that is the real number that matters. You can have a subwoofer that has 1000 Watts stamped all over it, but in real life its probably only about 250w...

Also, at low volume, you aint gonna be able to tell. Let it bed in for about a week or so, then crank it up (letting the amp warm up a bit first, and have a play with the levels, low/high pass filters and so on. Just tweak it until it sounds right. Choice of song is kinda important though.

I have a killer song for testing a system, it tests all frequencies in it, v good for testing ur new toy out, pm me if ya wanna copy.

yeah, i would have cranked it but gotta keep the gf happy (it was around midnight when it got put in)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to get the stealthbox that takes place of the rear bins, since I don't really have use for them ATM. I wouldn't mind it in the trunk either, but wouldn't want it to rattle.

• 7 months later...

in my opinion...dual and sony speakers and subs are probly the worst out there. they just dont have good sound. but if you want good speakers that are cheap, go with pioneer or kenwood. you want really good speakers and dont care about price, go with jl audio or infinity or rockwood.

Archived