Where to buy

C92hatchX

ill prolly mess it up, plus i dont have the tools for that, dont they sell them premade?

dude ur best bet would be to buy the side markers and cut the holes. they come pretty cheap i think like 18 bucks. they do sell them premade but there expensive as crap, and i think some you might have to buy the hood and bumper to go with (not positive maybe someone else can verify. are your fenders bent beyond repair by chance? heres a link to some actually

https://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAc...amp;ProdID=2843

hope that helps

buying a $15 rotary tool (which they have on sale for that price at my Autozone) and some markers would be cheaper than buying those fenders. I've never installed them, but wouldn't you just have to cut a hole for the wire?

buying a $15 rotary tool (which they have on sale for that price at my Autozone) and some markers would be cheaper than buying those fenders. I've never installed them, but wouldn't you just have to cut a hole for the wire?

good price for the tool. i think i saw a set of the fenders that already had the lights for like 250. i think you have to wire the markers up to the blinkers and what not. anybody know?

good price for the tool. i think i saw a set of the fenders that already had the lights for like 250. i think you have to wire the markers up to the blinkers and what not. anybody know?

Yes, they're either wired to the blinkers if you want them to blink, or the corner lights if you don't.

yeah, you can wire them to the blinkers. Dwayne, if you measured each fender like three times, you really shouldn't have a problem. The only way to learn is to try, and I really think you should. You gain confidence from the small things. Putting on a short ram intake can be a hassle for a non-car person, but after that they feel more comfortable doing other things. Go for it man! :thumbsup:

Also, the fenders you're looking for will be about how much Otis said. JDM or knock-off are the only ones with side markers, other than people putting them in as I'm telling you to do :thumbsup:

Yes, they're either wired to the blinkers if you want them to blink, or the corner lights if you don't.

would there be a way to have them wired to both? or would that require another bulb

would there be a way to have them wired to both? or would that require another bulb

Unless there are 2 bulbs, it won't work. There could be a way they're wired up that makes that possible. It would involve a relay or switch or something.

probably a switch. or you could wire it to stay on with the corner, then blink when signals come on. that would be relatively simple.

probably a switch. or you could wire it to stay on with the corner, then blink when signals come on. that would be relatively simple.

Would require a relay, or an interrupt or some such.

Would require a relay, or an interrupt or some such.

I'm not a wiring genuis, so I'm just asking not being sarcastic. Wouldn't it be the same as the corner lights on his car, they stay on as driving lights, yet blink when the signal is engaged?

^^ im fine with painting cause i had to do it on my pass fender when i first got it (came out pretty good), but im about to buy some and do it myself, would i dremal work?, my buddy has one with the disk cutters, which bit would i need to cut the whole?

ill buy some sunday cause my work is having some christmas party and we get a bonus if we go if not we gotta wait till payday

As everyone said easy as eating cake. I did it last year, mine come on when I turn my lights on and blink, because the blinker did the same on my corner. Just measure 3 times. measure again draw up a template and have patients. Take your time and you will not know the difference.

I'm not a wiring genuis, so I'm just asking not being sarcastic. Wouldn't it be the same as the corner lights on his car, they stay on as driving lights, yet blink when the signal is engaged?

My corner lights had 2 separate bulbs. One for sidemarker, and one for blinker. Don't know about the 5th gens.

^^ im fine with painting cause i had to do it on my pass fender when i first got it (came out pretty good), but im about to buy some and do it myself, would i dremal work?, my buddy has one with the disk cutters, which bit would i need to cut the whole?

ill buy some sunday cause my work is having some christmas party and we get a bonus if we go if not we gotta wait till payday

A Dremel will work fine. You'll be using a drill bit and grinding bit...not a cutting wheel.

Unless there are 2 bulbs, it won't work. There could be a way they're wired up that makes that possible. It would involve a relay or switch or something.

Umm, false. My CRX sidemarkers were wired to be on with the parking lights/headlamps and to blink with the turn signals as well. No relay, no switch, just wire.

Umm, false. My CRX sidemarkers were wired to be on with the parking lights/headlamps and to blink with the turn signals as well. No relay, no switch, just wire.

You had a 2nd gen right. There should've been 2 bulbs in the housing.

i would just see exactly where they are on the OEM j-spec fenders, then measure it to the same spot on yours.

then just see if you can borrow a grinder with a tiny wheel and cut to size and viola!

how am i going to measure it?

Archived