Seats: Check this out....

jermnc77

So, I took the seat covers off today and found some interesting... additions.

Someone in this car's past obviously tried to fix the seats by taping over a wear spot on the side bolster, then cut foam into the shape of the seat, duct taped it to the seat by wrapping the tape completely around the seat back and then put the seat covers over all that.

If the seat covers weren't so faded, I never would have removed them. What a suprise! Very intuitive though....

So, anyone have a set of seats for sell? LOL

Besides one seat having a wear spot in the side bolster and padding, the seats are in decent shape. A little dirty, but decent condition.

hahahahaha!!!! U know whats funny is this happened to me! Haha!!!!! EXCEPT.... No one tried to fix it. It was just left with the metal showing. So im gonna do what they did to ur seats tell i get some new seats. lol.

It is so easy to pull the foam and fabric from a passenger side seat and swap it onto the driver side.

You will need hog ring pliers, needle nose pliers, and a flat-head screw driver; in addition to usual stuff needed to remove the seat from the car.

• 3 months later...

I know I've already pulled everything off the seats, but I wanted to show you the aftermath of what I had found underneath the seat covers.

Here is a sneak peak of the old seat covers:

Picture140.jpg

So, to recap... the seats had foam cut out to the shape of the seat, then duct tape wrapped around all of the foam, then over top of that, the seat covers. I removed them and here are how the seats are now:

Picture1469.jpg

Picture1475.jpg

Picture1476.jpg

ROFL!! wow, whoever did that should be dropkicked in the schins >_<

i didn't realize crx seats had the aggressive bolsters like that

yeah they do, my friend used to have a nice little CReX and those seats are soo comfy IMO

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

I purchased a set of seats from a salvage yard that came out of a Mazda MX-3 and had them installed into the CRX. What do you guys think? They feel soooo good. I'm very happy with them. They are very comfortable and have strong side bolsters. They are a little dirty right now, but I plan on cleaning them up when the weather breaks.

I'm considering selling the old CRX seats now.

SDC10515.jpg

SDC10516.jpg

SDC10517.jpg

at first i thought the mx3 seats would look out of place but those match pretty well atually

you should shrink your sig picture quite a bit.

Yeah... I was actually working on it right when you probably were viewing this thread. LOL How is it now?

Yeah, believe it or not, I do. But first let me tell you that my CRX seats were not in terrible shape, but the side bolsters definitely had tears. And someone in this car's previous life had swapped the driver side/passenger side seats.

Oddly enough, they kind of leaned back on one corner a bit. I don't think it's structural as much as I think it was the padding wore out.

So, I was in the salvage yard and saw those seats and thought to myself, "I wonder if those will fit in the CRX?". I left them there for over a week and finally talked myself into going back and buying them. But before I did, I removed the driver seat from the Mazda and put it in a wrecked CRX there. Surprisingly enough, the seat sat great in the car. It wasn't too high and it wasn't too low. They looked good in there, so I decided to go for it!

I had a metal shop put them in for me. There was a little bit of modification for the rear bolts, but the front ones lined up almost perfectly.

And the results speak for themselves. The bolsters feel great, the seat stance feels great... I'm very pleased!

I'll take another picture of the car with the door shut and from a distance. Plus I want to show you how it looks with the mudflaps installed.

Also, I forgot to remove the Mazda seat belt clasps from the side of the seats, so I plan on removing those too.

i read up on crx seat. u can use acura integra seat 94+, u just move the foam and seat cover from integra and put it on the crx. then unbolt the top part and it bolt into the crx bottom part. i try to find the link on step by step, but i know it can be done, and integra seat are veryt nice in crx.

and i have put 99 civic si seat in honda del sol, all u have to do swap out the rail, everything bolt right on.

and i have put 99 civic si seat in honda del sol, all u have to do swap out the rail, everything bolt right on.

why would you do that? the 6th gen seats have no support and would sit way taller. i bump my head on the sealing of my car with the stock seats, can't imagine them in a little del sol.

somewhat of a thread jack. the bolsters on the crx and del sol seats look similarly aggressive in their support. i would like something with more support than my stock seats, but i want a seat that sits lower by a couple of inches. i know the del sol seats offer support and lower height, but what about crx seats? or any other models that would fit both criteria? i know the sol seats can easily be put in by swapping out the pans, what about other models?

yeah the si seat its tall, but my friend wanted it in the del sol, so i made it worked.

we actually just installed teg seat with crx pan today, its perfect, well i would say a 9 on 1 to 10 scale and the back does bolt on perfect.

i think its about a inch or less taller. well i think may be the padding is firmer?? don't know.

gsr leather, but i have a feeling my friend going to hate those seat (black leather in black crx and no AC. lol)

Not sure about other model, but its the padding and cover, i'm sure u can make it work so how, but for integra seat. work perfect.

The problem there is finding the seats. That was my problem. I couldn't find any of those seats around here in a salvage yard. I found one guy on craigslist and he wanted close to $100 a peice for them!

So once I saw those MX-3 seats, I went with those. And couldn't beat the price either! $20 each!

Thank you! I'm happy with the results. I know it's not original "Honda" seats, but they are a great alternative!

hmm, if they are type R yeah, i pay 100 a piece. they selling a set gsr leather and back seat whole set for 200 here in texas.

mazda mx-3 type R? wtf

and what you posted is nothing relavent to this thread at all

FAIL :sleep2:

i read up on crx seat. u can use acura integra seat 94+, u just move the foam and seat cover from integra and put it on the crx. then unbolt the top part and it bolt into the crx bottom part. i try to find the link on step by step, but i know it can be done, and integra seat are veryt nice in crx.

yeah the si seat its tall, but my friend wanted it in the del sol, so i made it worked.

we actually just installed teg seat with crx pan today, its perfect, well i would say a 9 on 1 to 10 scale and the back does bolt on perfect.

i think its about a inch or less taller. well i think may be the padding is firmer?? don't know.

gsr leather, but i have a feeling my friend going to hate those seat (black leather in black crx and no AC. lol)

Not sure about other model, but its the padding and cover, i'm sure u can make it work so how, but for integra seat. work perfect.

hmm, if they are type R yeah, i pay 100 a piece. they selling a set gsr leather and back seat whole set for 200 here in texas.

mazda mx-3 type R? wtf

and what you posted is nothing relavent to this thread at all

FAIL :sleep2:

sorry brian, but you need to read more of the thread.

OP: the mazda seats really work in the rex, nice find.

Archived