Dual Screens on PC.

Yeah after I got a nasty virus from nowhere.. I finally fixed the pc. (I was so fed up with it coming back I almost went to linux) Well since I fixed it this morning I finally setup my pc. I will share pics. I using a very outdated video card. A 128mb nvidia fx5700 with two outputs and a s-video out. It plays battlefield 2142 just fine and its couterstrike like its nothing. So I can't complain. It was free. lol.

I am also running two 17 inch monitors, one with digital and the other vga

Well here you go. I started with a Stretched desktop running 2880 x 900 in this first image.

0929081552a.jpg

Then I got ultramon and it had done me wonders with dualview mode. It is running both monitors at 1280 x 1024. Loving the setup. I dunno why I never got around to doing this. I dunno If I would be able to go back to a single screen.

Here is what it looks like.

0930080124a.jpg

and now my lovely new desktop.

0930080130a.jpg

The only draw back I have is sometimes I gotta hit the auto adjust cause sometimes the lines or like a picture stretched across the monitor will not line up right but this happens rarely.

What do you guys think?

had mine setup for about 3 years now, getting ready to set up a 3rd in a few months :)

So you are enjoying it like me. lol The only thing I am not used to is the gap between the monitors.

After using just two monitors today I would honestly LOVE to use three but I dunno what I would do with myself. I am still adjusting with just two. lol

Very nice should be looking at a similar setup come November can't wait.

Trust me once you start using two you will never go back to one. It took some getting used to but after today I realized two is better then one. I could not imagine using three instead. wow Jessica Alba would look like she is laying out in front of me. I guess I would start humping my monitors.

Your screens are too small....

Picture.jpg

I wish mine were bigger. Are those 19 inch wide screens? unless I am mistaken. Plus how do you work with that angle between the screens. I tried that and I didn't like it. I got mine sitting exactly straight.

btw my desktop wallpaper is better lol. j/k

Those are 22" and because they were so wide I had to have them angled or the display at the edges of the screens was distorted and dim.

I would agree on the wallpaper, but a married man cannot have such things on his desktop and expect to wake up in the morning.

Those are 22" and because they were so wide I had to have them angled or the display at the edges of the screens was distorted and dim.

I would agree on the wallpaper, but a married man cannot have such things on his desktop and expect to wake up in the morning.

Yeah, I guess that is the difference between a single man and married one. I will live to see tomorrow with that desktop. lol. Your chances are not that high. I love your set up though. 22" widescreens must be nice. That sucks about the angle issue. Would you honestly keep the the angle or if you could set them straight?

No reason you can't do a dual boot with Linux. I do, and I rarely ever use Windows.

After today I have decided on trying a dual setup again. I used to do it a couple years back and now I am going to start it again.

Lucky....

I wish I had a set up like that minus the two mice. I barely keep a hold of one.

LOL I'm JK. I just have a single 22" monitor.

But two mice would be sweet. Dual wield clicking action.

The computer lab at my school is filled with dual monitor setups. They're cool, but I'm a CS major, and I still don't make much use of them.

I did keep the angle. The screens were equidistant from my head which made it easier on the eyes - for me at least.

No longer have that setup. Split them up when I got the 24' imac. Replaced the wifes 19' lcd with one of the 22's and gave the other one away to my brother-in-law since he was still using a dinky 17'

Not that your desktop is bad, but for multi-monitor wallpapers mandolux is the bomb. Ultra high res images cut to fit numerous background sizes for up to a quadtych a time with one continuous image.

LOL I'm JK. I just have a single 22" monitor.

But two mice would be sweet. Dual wield clicking action.

The computer lab at my school is filled with dual monitor setups. They're cool, but I'm a CS major, and I still don't make much use of them.

Yeah that would be sweet. lol Dual mice FTW. j/k I would lose coordination and forget which mouse I was using.

I did keep the angle. The screens were equidistant from my head which made it easier on the eyes - for me at least.

No longer have that setup. Split them up when I got the 24' imac. Replaced the wifes 19' lcd with one of the 22's and gave the other one away to my brother-in-law since he was still using a dinky 17'

Not that your desktop is bad, but for multi-monitor wallpapers mandolux is the bomb. Ultra high res images cut to fit numerous background sizes for up to a quadtych a time with one continuous image.

Thanks I had a hard time looking for good quality wallpaper for multi monitors and finally they all can be high res. You are awesome.

That is nice of you to replace your wife's lcd and your brother-in-law's monitor. Yeah I wish I had bigger but 17"s are what I have now. at least they are not mismatch kinda deal with a 17 inch lcd and a 15 crt monitor.

Post up what you use for your desktop.

My current from Mandolux. I think Nancy had a nice pic similar to this not too long ago. Would be nice to have her original so I could make a sexy wallpaper out of it.

Picture1.png

I don't think you want to see any more pics of my car in that parking garage. LOL

I dunno the more the better. lol.

Here is mine nothing special and I have yet to change it. I found one I like but too lazy to go into the display settings and change it.

Background.jpg

But I will change it to this really soon maybe right now and I got it from Mandolux.

mandolux-solix-2560.jpg

Archived