painting my valve cover

alright cool, ill buy an extra one from mitsubishi when i get home and send you the paint and valve cover... you need me to send the purple paint, and the clear coat right? and i appreciate it :thumbsup:

Sweet! Yeah, if you can send the paint and clear. Idk how much that would raise shipping, if it's something I can buy locally you can just send a MO for that (and return shipping :thumbsup: ) and I'll buy the paint/clear. Purple with all that HKS is gonna look MEAN!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you're talking about, that textured paint. My VC was powdercoated black (stock), but I really didn't like it. You want texture? Spray a truck with bedliner!!! No rust for quite awhile!!! Haha. I actually know somebody who did it! I've driven the truck.

I know what you're talking about, that textured paint. My VC was powdercoated black (stock), but I really didn't like it. You want texture? Spray a truck with bedliner!!! No rust for quite awhile!!! Haha. I actually know somebody who did it! I've driven the truck.

i didn't think you would be able to spray bedliner on something like a VC, wouldn't it melt? man that would smell awful.

you need a stripper in a aircraft? omg lol

whats aircraft stripper, never heard of it... like paint thinner kinda?

It's a paint stripper, they sell it at walmart. If you need pics i can get them for you, it's about $6 a can. I'll send what's left over back to you. Btw you can be mean to your friends and spray this on them, burns like a MOFO!!!

i didn't think you would be able to spray bedliner on something like a VC, wouldn't it melt? man that would smell awful.

haha i'm sure it would. You saying textured just made me think of that crazy truck. If you wanted a textured VC, they have it in a couple different colors, namely black. I can always do yours for you :thumbsup:

quote]

It's a paint stripper, they sell it at walmart. If you need pics i can get them for you, it's about $6 a can. I'll send what's left over back to you. Btw you can be mean to your friends and spray this on them, burns like a MOFO!!!

hahahahahaha :laugh:

alright cool, ill buy an extra one from mitsubishi when i get home and send you the paint and valve cover... you need me to send the purple paint, and the clear coat right? and i appreciate it :thumbsup:

You do realize you can have cover powder coated for about the same, once you ship 2 times, paint, stripped, and ect? :thumbsup:

Those colors are pretty neat. I bought a powdercoating machine at a yard sale. $25 brand new in box. Hells yes! Now I need the paint and an oven. XD

Powder and a oven! :thumbsup: Also need media blaster, cabinette among other things! :thumbsup:

Instead of starting a new thread, figured I'd ask in here. Would painting an oil pan be a similar process you think?

yeah, i'd just make sure to coat it like I did my VC. 3 coats primer, 5 coats paint, 3 coats clear. May sound like a lot of coating, but the way it came out i wouldn't have done it differently.

Also, Brian, I should be set up for PC by January. Idk when you get back or if you decided to go locally, but I can paint/PC whichever.

yeah, i'd just make sure to coat it like I did my VC. 3 coats primer, 5 coats paint, 3 coats clear. May sound like a lot of coating, but the way it came out i wouldn't have done it differently.

Also, Brian, I should be set up for PC by January. Idk when you get back or if you decided to go locally, but I can paint/PC whichever.

Remember that is a candy color, and quite a bit more difficult, and time consumiing! :thumbsup:

hey mike, brian likey this color :drool:

normal_100_0997.JPG

I concur that is a very nice color, I like most of the candy colors! :thumbsup:

as far as colors and decoration go i would have to have a chromed block, dark grey headeer, and the valve sover the same color as my exterior. that purple color aint bad either, i like the way it has different shades in the light, would be nice if there was a better picture. is it possible to paint the valve cover with exterior paint? i live in the desert and my car's exterior feels about as hot as the vale cover once it's sat in the sun for a while.

yeah i figured that, where would you get high heat paint in a pearl color like that?

Not sure if you meant this, but that isn't a pearl color. It's a candy, so you would have to lay down a base, color, and clear. Lot more into candy colors like Pearce said. High heat paint you can get at most auto parts stores (ie autozone/napa). I'd search around the net, not totally sure what you're looking for.

Archived