million dolla viper

You act like they're hard to buy.

They're cheap. Plentiful. LS1 swaps make them BEASTLY.

I've asked people with *clean* ones if they are selling and they don't! lol

I saw a red one, white one, black one, even blue! lol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So.. im trying to figure out what is wrong with a viper...aside from being a dodge... and i cant find anything.. i pretty will own one one day.. (i'll take a stock viper over a stock vette all day long)...

I honestly cant think of another "domestic" muscle car built at the same time, that can compare with a viper...

So.. im trying to figure out what is wrong with a viper...aside from being a dodge... and i cant find anything.. i pretty will own one one day.. (i'll take a stock viper over a stock vette all day long)...

I honestly cant think of another "domestic" muscle car built at the same time, that can compare with a viper...

Any Corvette is going to tear it's ass apart on a twisty track. Even a C4.

Any Corvette is going to beat a Viper's ass price wise.

Any Corvette will barely be slower than a Viper through the 200mph dash, but; then again who in their right mind is going to try such unless they're out on those testing grounds?

Any Corvette is going to tear it's ass apart on a twisty track. Even a C4.

Any Corvette is going to beat a Viper's ass price wise.

Any Corvette will barely be slower than a Viper through the 200mph dash, but; then again who in their right mind is going to try such unless they're out on those testing grounds?

Yeah, but even the corvette is kind of a crapshoot in the twisties with their outdated rear leaf spring setup. Many, many of the european competetion for the vette/viper will eat them both alive on the twisties. Any of the lotus elise/exiges for example and if comparing in the price range. Let's see how either stand up against a Lotus Exige S 240 which will demolish both in the twisties. (at about 15,000-20,000 less $$$ too)

My point? That the American Muscle of the Vette and Viper weren't designed for twisties, so why even compare. Sure, the Vette may be a little better in the corners, but the vette and viper will still be nowhere near the front of the pack when compared to the competition in this area so it's pointless. I think the Viper is a great car for what it was designed for. It was made to be a huge headturner with high horsepower and to be fast (in a straight line). I'd still take a new Z06 over a Viper if I had to choose between them, but a Vette will never turn heads like a VIper will. The viper's looks just scream "I"m gonna kill you and your family".

The Viper is beastly in a straight line. That's boring though. It completely sucks through corners with it's terrible weight distribution and lazy engineering by Dodge. I know a guy on Cadillac Forums who kept up with a new Viper in the corners, and he just has a 3.6L CTS with V suspension. He has it on video too.

EWW i hate hate hate hate hate hate vipers >_< i would never buy one, i rode in one also, POS! it felt like crawling into a small gokart (im 6'4 by the way) i would rather ride around in a turbo awd geo metro than any viper. I'm not much of a domestic lover...

I do like a few domestics though but are GM (dont like ford or dodge)... 67 Camaro SS, New Vette ZR1, Trans Am Ram Air, Buick GNX, Intimidator edition SS truck, G6 GXP, Cobalt SS supercharged, 04 bonniville SSEI... thats about it.. just a few here and there

Oh, VETTE > Viper ANYDAY IMO

Dunno dude. The C6's monoleaf setup is pretty badass to be a leaf oriented suspension system from the get go.

As for looks, I don't care for either of them's looks; as for sound ..

Heavily cammed LSx series motor VS V10 that sounds ricey as all get out ..

HMMMMMM.

I guess the fact that i like going in a straight line more than cournering in a race pretty much explains why i like/want a viper..

dont get me worng though, i love vettes... but i have personally eaten them alive in a straight line in my buddies eclipse..

I guess the fact that i like going in a straight line more than cournering in a race pretty much explains why i like/want a viper..

dont get me worng though, i love vettes... but i have personally eaten them alive in a straight line in my buddies eclipse..

SOMEONE couldn't drive. Or it was a beat to hell C4.

Of course I guess the Eclipse could have been modified; maybe.. topped out at 140 the same morning it had two of the big's put in by that evening. :o

Ah stock 'Vette vs modified out the wazoo ass Eclipse makes for a fair run.

Have 'yer guy come to Florida, run a couple of ours. :)

I'd try to talk him into it if he hadnt sold it like a tard...

and hey.. i just said i had out run a vette... didnt say anything about anything being stock or not. >_<

yeah ive noticed that the floorboards on those tend to give under harsh driving conditions.

anyway, the point of this thread wasnt to say how amazing vipers were compared to any other car, i just thought it was cool that my brother was part of a race team and was working on a million dollar car while most of us are tinkering around on a few thousand dollar hondas. either way, the debate is fun so continue

yeah ive noticed that the floorboards on those tend to give under harsh driving conditions.

anyway, the point of this thread wasnt to say how amazing vipers were compared to any other car, i just thought it was cool that my brother was part of a race team and was working on a million dollar car while most of us are tinkering around on a few thousand dollar hondas. either way, the debate is fun so continue

Lol.....yeah, Eclipse floorboards are only good to 140mph.....so lame.

this is my brosef and my dads cousin. they were working right next to eachother and didnt even know it, because theyve never met. my brother called him and they were like, oh heyyyyyyy. thats his porsche by the way

n9502927_31785201_9608.jpg

the viper looks sic

as far as the vette vs viper

i choose viper, vettes suck to work on with a passion especially older ones.

and vipers have always been dealt a good share of power which is more than i can say for the corvette, come on in the late 80's gm discontinued a very badass car because it was faster then the vette and it had a v6. so they got rid of a legend instead of making there "flagship" model faster.

its not that i dont like chevy's i have owned more than plenty of them and still own a 74 nova, but nowadays i prefer dodge

the viper looks sic

as far as the vette vs viper

i choose viper, vettes suck to work on with a passion especially older ones.

and vipers have always been dealt a good share of power which is more than i can say for the corvette, come on in the late 80's gm discontinued a very badass car because it was faster then the vette and it had a v6. so they got rid of a legend instead of making there "flagship" model faster.

its not that i dont like chevy's i have owned more than plenty of them and still own a 74 nova, but nowadays i prefer dodge

Umm i guess you havent seen the new Vette ZR1... PLENTY of juice to pirk your noodle... New ZR1 Vette shall and will own vipers

Archived