So I'm watching the Live Feed right now, so hoepfully this phone will be worth the money...but as soon as they release a date when they will sell...im going to sell my phone on craigslist or ebay. I'll keep you guys updated!

I'm keeping mine for at least another year or so. 3G doesn't work everywhere, hogs battery, and I'm connected to WiFi most of the time anyway. The true GPS is badass though lol.

Plus with the SDK coming out soon, there will be a bunch of cool stuff to keep me entertained for a long time.

Alright, well the 2.0 update will not be available till July 11th alongside the New 3g Iphone. It will be 199 for the 8Gb (comes in black) and 299 for the 16gb (comes in white) Looks like there are going to be alot of people with Iphones sooner than later....this sucks cause i paid 450 for mine at the dame apple store not too long ago lol

thats why you dont buy things when they first come out. wait for the first batch to go out, get rid of all the weird problems, then wait for the price to drop

WAT it's only going to be $199 for 8GB? Well f*ck it I'll have to pick one up. Maybe AT&T will give me some kind of credit for upgrading my old one.

I always have to have stuff first. I paid $299 for the RAZR and $399 for my iPhone, lawl

Dang for $199 I'm gonna have to pick that up as my next phone. Is that $199 outright or $199 if you do the 2 year contract? I'm guessing the latter.

I don't think they sell it outright. Buy the phone = locked into a 2 year contract.

I don't think they sell it outright. Buy the phone = locked into a 2 year contract.

Well, I'm going to be doing that with a new phone in September anyway. Palm Centro = $149 or IPhone V2 = $199.....not hard to see that the Iphone is the better deal if you compare the specs.

WAT it's only going to be $199 for 8GB? Well f*ck it I'll have to pick one up. Maybe AT&T will give me some kind of credit for upgrading my old one.

I always have to have stuff first. I paid $299 for the RAZR and $399 for my iPhone, lawl

Yea its super cheap, they are not offering any deals as far as trade in....also there most likely will be another fee on top of the data plan for the GPS, so just wait it out. Im sure they are going to release a fee towards the GPS

Yea its super cheap, they are not offering any deals as far as trade in....also there most likely will be another fee on top of the data plan for the GPS, so just wait it out. Im sure they are going to release a fee towards the GPS

Every GPS that I've ever seen is free. You are just using the satelites that are already up there to pinpoint your location. I really don't see how they could charge you for it and if so, that would be a 100% deal breaker for me. The price + GPS is the main 2 things that have me so interested. Without the GPS I'd probably just get the palm centro so I can use all the software I already have.

you're never supposed to buy a cell within the first 90 days of it's release, just as you never buy a car within the first 1-2 years of production.

Shouldn't GPS be included in the standard unlimited data package that you pay $20 a month for?

Is the unlimited Data Plan $20 a month? I thought it was 30 which is why I don't have it. If you have multiple lines do you pay 20/month per line or just 20 a month for the group? I've been wanting to get the data plan but at 30/month (possibly x2) it wasn't worth it.

The standard plan for all iPhones is $20 a month which includes visual voicemail, 200 texts a month, and unlimited data. It's per phone I believe, unless there's something I'm missing.

Well where i am, the cheapest plan you can get for an iphone is 59.99 which includes the iphone data plan, 200 texts, visual voicemail, and 5000 nights and weekends

I have the 79.99 Package, 900 anytime minutes, added unlimited texts, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited data usage-its nice, i end up paying 110.00 a month tho.

The standard plan for all iPhones is $20 a month which includes visual voicemail, 200 texts a month, and unlimited data. It's per phone I believe, unless there's something I'm missing.

That's odd, I figured the data plan would be the same cost regardless of the phone. Weird that it would be different for the Iphone than for the Palm stuff. I might just make a call to AT&T to find out.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so I downloaded a new app that was recently released, its called REMOTE DESKTOP, and its freaking nutz! I was able to log onto my laptop at work, while it was locked, put my password to login and was able to function on my iphone the way I would as if I were at work...it was ridiculous...yet scary that you can do that....as long as your computer is connected wireless-ly and its on, not in hibernate or what not, you can access your computer and files as if you were there.....so crazy, and im so happy this app was free and actually works, cause it will make my job considerably easier.....I iz in Love with my Phonez! :p

Whatever you need to tell yourself Rick :p

I downloaded this app the other day called Shazam. If music is playing somewhere, you can open up the app and it "listens" for about 15 seconds. When it's done another screen pops up telling you the title of the song, the artist, shows the album art, and gives you the link to the iTunes store for that song and the album it's on. It's truly f*cking awesome. Gotta try it out at the clubs lol.

The shazam (sp) program has already been with ATT. I don't think it was called that before but they were actually the first to have it. Verizon has song id which is the exact same thing. The program is great. Unless they have changed the policy they are not supposed to just exchange the phone in store. Steve Jobs said if any iphone has issue's he wants it sent back to apple for testing which would leave you without the phone. I don't know about you guys but I actually like taking and sending pictures to other phone not just emails. I also like to be able to put insurance on my phone and if it happens to freeze I like to be able to take the battery off to reset it.

If you guys remember back to the first gen ipod apple got into trouble with the battery issues. The fact that the battery didn't hold a charge after a year (which is typical with most electronics today) and then they made you send it back in and pay for a new battery because the ipod wasn't under warranty anymore.... I see all of this happening again.

I work for Verizon and honestly I love it when people come into my store that have either iphone. I know that I can sell against it all day long and I know I will win lol. As for the gps, cell phone's don't get their data from the satellites. If they are using any form of "gps," it comes from the towers, which actually makes it LBS (location based service) and in turn it is more accurate than gps is.

Archived