My New Ride **edited to add pics**

Tubbith

Ok, so in about 6 hours i will be the new onwer of a 1998 Acura 3.0 CL.

I was going to wait until i got the car home to post about it, but im bored and wide awake.

I Figured, since i dont have a place to post on HF about it, i would throw it in the accord section since under the hood it is identical.

The car is completely stock. Has 145k on it. And the only issues with it are, the driver's seat has about a 2" tear in the side, and the paint is chipping slightly. Nothing major. It runs great and seems to have been very well taken care of.

Pics will be comming as soon as i get it home and have had a little bit of time to enjoy it.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

Nooooo....you were suppossed to buy Nate's car.

Congrats on the purchase, or soon-to-be purchase, it's about time you got a car.

I am so jealous, that is the car I wish I had.

Does it have the OEM wing? I hope not, I would have no choice but to eaten alive with jealousy.

I remember when I was in Canada, they had Accords with the CL front end. I cannot remember what Honda model it was, but looked sweet.

Does it have the OEM wing? I hope not, I would have no choice but to eaten alive with jealousy.

LOL, Tubbith's going to wake up with a '97 Accord in place of the CL one of these days.

So, pics are added... not the best, but i took them in a hurry.

Sorry Nate, got this a lot cheaper than you would have been willing to let your car go for.

I'm not planning on doing tooo much. It's going to get 5% tint all the way around. Im either gonna get some all black 18's or im going to powder coat the stockers. I am undecided if i want to drop it yet or not. Plan on painting it. Probably a flat black. Thats pretty much all i really want to do to it for now.

Friend of mine has one of the CL's that came out after that one on some 18" volks in gold. Sh*t is mad clean. That looks pretty nice.

Happy modifying. :)

That thing is essentially an Accord coupe with a sloped rear (i.e. superior coefficient of drag), and the V6 my sedan should have come with.

Well, IMO the sloped rear is what makes people like it or not like it. Some people think it looks weird. Personally, being from the south, i like a little ass...lol.

Well, IMO the sloped rear is what makes people like it or not like it. Some people think it looks weird. Personally, being from the south, i like a little ass...lol.

ca479af9.gif

little as in

"a little more"

or

just small

??

• 2 weeks later...

I am suprised nobody pointed out the striking similarities between your 1998 3.0 CL and the new Accord.

I was in the bone yard this morning and was shocked to see a 1998 3.0 CL, black with tan interior. What suprised me even more was that the interior was nearly identicle to my 1997 Accord EX-V6.

The center consol with its faux wood insert, appears to be the same size as mine. Furthermore, the faux wood option for my car has two switch pods at the bottom that never seem to go to anything in an Accord, but house the heated seat switch in the 3.0 CL. It looks as if Honda used the standard faux wood insert for the 3.0 CL as an upgrade for the Accord. What kills me is the dimensions of the dash, and how it looks as if it could all easily slide into my car (heated seats and all).

I shall comb the internet for any info on what looks like simple swap.

By the way, the 3.0 CL I saw had a water damaged interior (mold), so it was no good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found several threads written on doing a dash swap from the CL into the Accord.

Serveral people started this swap apparently not knowing what they were getting into and not having a very strong background in electrical work. I could tell this since one guy wanted to wire the resistor module of the blower motor of the Accord directly from the circuited resistors of the CL's climate control system (CCS). Another guy didn't know how to re-use the blower housing, so he bought the entire housing from the CL and swapped it for his. The same guy never posted what the finished product looked like, the last posts have him describing the process of replacing the entire headliner and moonroof assembly since the CL has a one touch moonroof system with tilt; rather than rewiring the CL switch or swaping out the internals of the switch to run the Accord moonroof; or simply taking a dremel to the CL bezel to allow the Accord switch to fit; etc. Another guy swapped the entire dash (including the CCS) and door panels, but didn't wire anything. He took the CCS from the Accord and moved them to the inside of the glove box, bleh !.

My plan is to source the: climate control, vent plumbing, dash, temperature sensors, and cruise control switch; from the CL. Then obtain the optional faux wood center consol for the Accord (this item is identical for both the CL and Accord). First I need a plan for the door handles.

All this after I fix my oil leak (ASAP) and steering rack (2009).

Yo Tubbith! I need the hookup, let me know when you buy the Acura CL Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (Helms Publishing); I need you to scan some pages, or photocopy and fax.

If you have it already, I need a circuit diagram of the CCS, blower controls, CCS temp sensors, dimmer control, moonroof, and lighting for the dash.

I just called the local salvage yard:

1998 Acura CL 3.0 (the same one I saw) complete dash $225.00 (with air bags!).

And I am pretty sure I can either sell my airbags or the ones that come with the dash to offset the cost of parts.

Archived