HondaForums vs. SolSociety

CleanGSR

yea i agree i first became a member of SS in '05 it was so active and overwhelming close to H-T that i never visited it much, then lost the computer due to it crapting the bed. like a year or so later i came back and much had changed, and was becoming dead.

'05 still had sirkris active and doc. ohwell times have changed.

I think I showed up at SS about the time it started to die off. However, I got to meet a lot of fun people and learn more about my car.

Then, shortly after that, people started getting all Offended At Things, and then the Interwebs were Serious Business. The mpearce told me that this forum was more fun, and all of the cool people were doing it. I get to see some activity, and I can watch the antics of mpearce and bell and airjordan and the rest of the fun people who didn't trash me when I was a noob.

SS is dead b/c people there are against the idea of people with common interests actually having conversations instead of just tech. threads. I've been there over 4 yrs., contributed A LOT of their tech. info over there, and in the last 4 or 5 months the site has gone way downhill. If this one goes the same way, I think my whoring days will sadly be numbered :(

SS is dead b/c people there are against the idea of people with common interests actually having conversations instead of just tech. threads. I've been there over 4 yrs., contributed A LOT of their tech. info over there, and in the last 4 or 5 months the site has gone way downhill. If this one goes the same way, I think my whoring days will sadly be numbered :(

It depends on what you consider downhill to be. How it is now is basically how it is. For the most part, everyone gets along (or tends to ignore those he/she doesn't get along with), and everyone tends to just BS.

Exactly. My discription of HondaForums would be

A general discussion forum and community centered around Hondas and Friendships with the member knowledge available to answer technical questions when the need arises.

There's a lot of smart people on HF that can answer about any type of technical question that comes up.....but the forum itself is more of a community of friends first and technical forum second.

Why is this even a thread? It should be imprinted into a fetus' brain that HF rules all.

it's good to see you p/w'ing again at long last

WTF you talking about? I never PW. I am contributing great information here.

i stand corrected.

perhaps i should have phrased it: it's good to see you posting, rather than once every couple of months.

This is more fun than H-T GDD and I like to get away from all the tech talk sometimes. Plus I figured if I got in your good graces you might reconsider you, Nancy and I loving each other at the same time.

Archived