New Sol'er here

elusiveshame

i do agree with that comment.

i love that color, and the newer wheels are about 500X better then the old. the old wouldn't have been as bad if they weren't flat finish

welcome convert

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think as a generic matter of definition that most male sol owners are metro-sexuals anyway

The irony of this statement. Before I moved to Virginia, I was your average scruffy fat kid who liked starwars and crazy amounts of video games. Wore nothing but metallica shirts (well, band shirts) and ripped jeans. After about 6 months, I lost about 100 lbs, buffed up, and started making sure that I was well dressed and cleaned up before I even went to buy cigs.

Now I'll change like, 4 times a day to make sure I'm presentable enough. So yep, I agree with that statement haha.

The irony of this statement. Before I moved to Virginia, I was your average scruffy fat kid who liked starwars and crazy amounts of video games. Wore nothing but metallica shirts (well, band shirts) and ripped jeans. After about 6 months, I lost about 100 lbs, buffed up, and started making sure that I was well dressed and cleaned up before I even went to buy cigs.

Now I'll change like, 4 times a day to make sure I'm presentable enough. So yep, I agree with that statement haha.

reminder_big.jpg

I am looking to sell my Sol and possibly get a hatch! :thumbsup:

sol>hatch

i like it.. i've never seen one that color.. could be cause the only ones in my town are a green one.. two red ones.. a black one that doesnt run.. and a blue one that doesnt run

sol>hatch

i like it.. i've never seen one that color.. could be cause the only ones in my town are a green one.. two red ones.. a black one that doesnt run.. and a blue one that doesnt run

haha thanks :)

may I ask how you did that? :) the two at the same time!

Worked at a shipyard climbing 100+ flights of stairs a day, and spending most of the time in 100+ degree weather. That, and lots of high protein foods and carbs for energy (steaks, chicken, potato's) and lots of spicy food.

Airjordan - you phail at life, so I don't care :p

Nice Sol. I like the color; I'm always down for unique and distinct traits. I'm Kristin, welcome to HF.

I went through my "ricer" phase so I'm trying to only do "tasteful" things to my baby now.

A lot of people go through that phase...I've noticed. As you "get older" you realize what the words "tasteful" and "classy" mean. Not to mention the real meaning of "clean"... I don't know. I'm one for true originality, yet keeping it simple and sticking to your roots. Maybe I'm over-thinking this whole entire response.. anyway.. sorry for the babble. I'm a rambler.

A lot of people go through that phase...I've noticed. As you "get older" you realize what the words "tasteful" and "classy" mean. Not to mention the real meaning of "clean"... I don't know. I'm one for true originality, yet keeping it simple and sticking to your roots. Maybe I'm over-thinking this whole entire response.. anyway.. sorry for the babble. I'm a rambler.

Nah, you weren't over thinking, I don't think haha. My CRX that I had before my Sol was kitted out with a blitz battle-z kit, ZC carbon fiber hood, Z3 fenders, and first a swapped DOHC ZC engine then a swapped D15b SOHC VTEC. There were so many things I wanted to do to that car, but time and money weren't on my side with it, then I got into an accident and had to sell it because I couldn't make the repairs in time before my inspection request for it was due.

This time though, the car came painted this color, and some of the work done to it was a bit on the crapty side, so I'm taking my time, adding small things here and there, and fixing everything that I find wrong with it before I do any serious mods to it.

The next thing I'm doing (hopefully this weekend) is the Angel Eyes fog light swap. The current fog lights aren't even bolted in (was like that when I got it) and one of the bulbs is burned out. So I figured since I have to remove the bumper, and rebolt the mounts, I might as well just do all the "hard work" once and swap them :p

You sound like me and my Sol. Trying to make the thing run right before any huge mods. I don't have time or money on my side at this point either... even though I'm working three jobs. Life is expensive. Period. I have my D16Z6 turboed now.. but that's created even more work that needs to be done to the motor. It's getting to the point where I'm nearly fed up, but it's a phase. I get pissed because I'm impatient, haha. It's a personality defect. Anyway, I need to swap my headlights, fog lights and corner lights. Those are next on the "To-Do List"... considering one of the headlights was ruined by some idiot in a grocery store parking lot.

Good luck with your car. Keep us updated, of course. =]

Archived