Recommended for 40K miles:

Rotate tires

Replace engine oil filter

Check front and rear brakes

Check parking brake adjustment

Inspect the tie rod ends, steering gear box, and boots

Inspect the suspension components

Inspect the driveshaft boots

Inspect the brake hoses and lines (including ABS)

Inspect all fluid levels and condition of fluids

Inspect the exhaust system

Inspect the fuel lines and connections

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Recommended for 40K miles:

Rotate tires

Replace engine oil filter

Check front and rear brakes

Check parking brake adjustment

Inspect the tie rod ends, steering gear box, and boots

Inspect the suspension components

Inspect the driveshaft boots

Inspect the brake hoses and lines (including ABS)

Inspect all fluid levels and condition of fluids

Inspect the exhaust system

Inspect the fuel lines and connections

I'm trying to order right now, but I'm not too confident that there are 4-2-1 DC headers for a D17A2.

A couple sites have them listed but they look the same as the 4-1, so I'm not sure if they are using the wrong picture, or listing it wrong.

Another site I've had success with only lists the 4-2-1 for the 96-00 civics. But then again, it only lists up to '03 in the first place so it may not be updated.

Anybody have any ideas if there are 4-2-1 headers for a D17A2?

I just don't want to order the wrong thing.

did you find the 4-2-1?

would optimize fuel efficiency a bit...

Not really....if anything it would hurt fuel economy. With I/H/E you'll be running a little lean if anything other than stoich. A tune would richen the mixture to be stoich and cause you to burn more fuel.

Yea, wouldn't Honda stock ecu be tuned to be as fuel efficient as possible for DD?

No worries though. I don't need a lot of power. Just reliability and regular maintenence and I'm good.

That and some nice handling. I'm tempted to skip I/H/Cam and do the suspension first. I will end up doing both before the meet, but I hate the roll I have right now. Thoughts?

btw, VR there's no alarm system, but has an immobilizer system. Why do you ask?

And I was thinking of these in 16 or 17, but I can live with the "stockies" for a while.

Not really....if anything it would hurt fuel economy. With I/H/E you'll be running a little lean if anything other than stoich. A tune would richen the mixture to be stoich and cause you to burn more fuel.

just adding the exhaust itself, you let the used air get out and not go back in as inert which doesn't do anything except for wasting your gas...

you won't be burning more fuel if you are at stoich.! Stoich. itself means you use equal amounts! you burn as much fuel as air coming in (very closely...not perfectly of course...nothing is perfect lol)

the stock set up actually doesn't give the best fuel efficiency...due to above reason...

and those look nice...I clicked on "view on your vehicle" or whatever and it looks really nice on yours :D

Yea, wouldn't Honda stock ecu be tuned to be as fuel efficient as possible for DD?

I don't need a lot of power. Just reliability and regular maintenence and I'm good.

consider this:

good suspension/dropping car (lowering center of gravity) will give better handling and can save you from incidents!

I/H/cam nice but not adding so much power and you say you don't want power...

stock ecu is...but once you add stuff like your exhaust that you already have, the ecu will try to adjust but won't be perfect...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived