My "Build" Thread

wannaBstuntin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha, funny you ask.

I wasn't gonna tell until after, but they're going on tomorrow morning.

I took some "before" pics today, and I'll post them with the "after" pics tomorrow night.

Right now the back end is hanging about .5-1.0" lower then the front because of those damn subs.

btw, I started working, so the cash will be flowing shortly. Another 2-3 weeks and I'll start ordering I/H/C

Alright so everything is all set. The bearings that came with the setup are just synthetic plastic so wasn't sure if that was right, but it is.

So I'm all set to get this done again. Just gotta wait for a call back to see when.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed.

I need to adjust them though and can't figure out how. wtf?>_< I'm dumb

Almost looks stock height right now. But handles completely different.

Pics tomorrow since I'm leaving right now.

• 2 weeks later...
looks the same. LOWER THAT BITCH!

It does look almost the same but it handles waaaaay better. I went around the curve of an on-ramp to 95 yesterday doing about 60 in third, and my tires were squeeling from the lateral force.

So anyways. Is that what I have to turn to adjust them or what?

yeah it should be on the top, but usually when they are adjustable they have numbers up there so you know what youre set at. i think ive also seen adjustments on the side of the shock, but that just seems weird and a pain in the ass

edit^ thats for the stiffness, if you want to adjust the height you have to jack up the car and use the supplied wrench

eibachinstall25.jpg

and then tighten the screw

eibachinstall27.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Two things.

Does it have to be V2, and is your car automatic?

I've found AEM CAI's for an 05 EX 5-Speed for 259.72.

Wonder what the difference is in auto and 5-speed's header location and clearancing.

Archived