So...

compuvision02

Might be picking up a clean EH2 this Friday! Phantom Gray, "no rust," "no dents," and was driven by an old lady and garage kept before the current owner. Atleast this is what I am told. Has some ugly ass carbon fiber hood that will go bye bye, a carbon fiber duckbill spoiler, lowered on Rota Slipstreams, and I believe that is it. All my stuff will be going into that if I buy it. Hopefully everything works out.

Yeah, the only thing that's going to happen if I wait is that I am going to just sell everything and stop with Honda. Winter is when crap is supposed to be getting done, now I am going to be spending hundreds of dollars to swap everything into a new car instead of for mods.

cost is not the only thing...imo

anyone of all of us HF members can quit being into Honda/Acura...

He is right about how much it costs for half a second off...plus, he is tired of front-wheel cars (he has said these in other topics)...in another topic he said he is tired of what cars have done to his life...money dumped into cars...and he has said he wants maybe to have just one car...there are so many options out there...

Hondas/Acuras are awesome cars but there are other great cars out there too...lol but not American or German...hehehhe

I think it would be in his best interest to just get a car that's fast to start off with, rather than paying X amount of dollars to have everything swapped into his next car, rewired, and tuned or whatever needs to be done...that's a crapload of money. f*ck that.

Has some ugly ass carbon fiber hood that will go bye bye, a carbon fiber duckbill spoiler, lowered on Rota Slipstreams, and I believe that is it.

The old lady did all that? Damn! :crazy:

+1 @ 90IntegraC1

In addition to the fact that insurance is a b**** to deal with for any mods if they are damaged.

Oh. Well, the way I see it (no offence to you Rob, this is just my opinion), is that the labor and wiring are free. They are both really simple and it isnt much work. The ecu needed to be tuned anyway, so that does not add to the price either. The only thing I see money going towards is buying the new shell.

Yeah, maybe you should take this as your opportunity to do all that stuff yourself instead of paying someone else to do it.

But honestly, I'm of the opinion that it's better just to buy a nice car and be happy with it. Can't wait to do that, myself...

did i miss something? what is being swapped into what (or not being), and why (although why may be answered by the first part of the question)?

you cant just quit with honda man

that would be like my mom putting me up for adoption when i was 17 because I cost her money

I don't think you quite know my history of cars, if you are saying that.

08/xx/02-01/16/04 PB 2002 Ford Focus ZTS sedan (First car, only had a nice sound system, in terms of modification.)

01/16/04-10/29/05 BPM 1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am coupe (Second car, car went 12.6 @ 110 with just headers and exhaust.)

04/27/05-08/17/07 MR 1995 Honda Civic CX hatchback (Third car, had at the same time as my second car, modified later, had over $13,000 into parts alone, car went 13.8 @ 100, sold for under $6000.)

10/29/05-04/22/06 SRP 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS coupe (Fourth car, had at the same time as my third car, barely modified.)

01/09/07-04/17/07 GB 1993 Honda Civic EX coupe (Fifth car, had at the same time as my second car, downgraded motor, slow as piss daily driver, Dan [90IntegraC1 can vouche for that].)

08/18/07-CURRENT CBM 1998 Honda Civic LX sedan (Sixth car, stock, daily driven.)

08/22/07-CURRENT RR 1996 Honda Civic CX hatchback (Seventh car, totaled, seldomly driven.)

I am 22, I am not young, but I am not old. I've had seven cars that have been solely for my driving purposes, not even mentioning cars that I've used countless times that are my parents (2007 Honda Civic EX sedan, 1999 Toyota Camry LE sedan, and 1995 Plymouth Voyager SE van) and the numerous cars I've driven quite often whom my friends own. I go through cars very quickly, not to mention have experienced driving many others along the way. I dislike sitting in one type of car for a long period of time. I have had more Hondas then any type of car, but really haven't been in the Honda "game" too long. Part of me wants to get a nicer car since I am older. Part of me wants a race car and a decent daily driver. Part of me just wants to stick with my current daily driver and just put the money elsewhere. Me "quitting on Hondas" really doesn't say much about me and cars.

I think it would be in his best interest to just get a car that's fast to start off with, rather than paying X amount of dollars to have everything swapped into his next car, rewired, and tuned or whatever needs to be done...that's a crapload of money. f*ck that.

Dan, yes and no. I don't want a fast daily driver, it is either going to be a decently quick, stock, daily driver or a race car with a decent daily driver. The money will actually be needed more for a newer car, because the parts are newer and still in development and or competition.

The old lady did all that? Damn!

No, the kid who currently owns it bought it from an older person.

Oh. Well, the way I see it (no offence to you Rob, this is just my opinion), is that the labor and wiring are free. They are both really simple and it isnt much work. The ecu needed to be tuned anyway, so that does not add to the price either. The only thing I see money going towards is buying the new shell.
Yeah, maybe you should take this as your opportunity to do all that stuff yourself instead of paying someone else to do it.

But honestly, I'm of the opinion that it's better just to buy a nice car and be happy with it. Can't wait to do that, myself...

Not going at your throat at all Daniel and John, but I've said this in the past, I hate working on cars. I love "building" them and making sure everything is going to work right, hense why I want to be a service writer and then try and work at a speed shop in sales, rather then going to school to become a mechanic. Swaps are easy, but it is the pure fact that labor time equals money. My mechanic hooks me the f*ck up, but I am still asking him to do a crap load of work at one time. He said we might be able to work out a deal, he takes my shell and does all my work free. He is one of my best friends, so he isn't trying to rip me off, nor am I trying to rip him off. If he does work, I want to pay him.

And John, it is f*cking tempting, isn't it?

did i miss something? what is being swapped into what (or not being), and why (although why may be answered by the first part of the question)?

Ashely, sent you a private message.

ha... that shouldn't be a problem if you knew how to work on your own car.

Alright Billy boy, you've been asking for it, so here it goes.

First off, what the f*ck sparked your attitude towards me?

Second, why the f*ck do you think you can be a critic when you have one of the most bone stock vehicles on the forum?

Third, stop acting like a f*cking hardass. If I wanted to, I have the ability to wave enough money in front of your face to make you want to sell your car, make the transaction, stick a rag in the gas tank, then light it on fire; right in front of your face. Your "baby" is something I would put out with my beer piss. So where do you come off thinking you can f*cking run your mouth?

Fourth, you stating "if you knew how to work on your own car" is wrong. Just because one does not work on their car, doesn't not mean they have not or do not know how. I choose to not work on my car. Why do it when I have the ability to pay for it? Know your facts fully, before opening your f*cking mouth. The reason I am looking for a cheaper shell is mainly for the fact that I would rather have money left over to put into my build fund, while still getting it done by someone who backs their work 100%. The fact that someone else does my work does not bother me, because I choose to do so. If I was poor, had a stock Si, and really wanted to attempt to feel good about myself, sure, I would work on my own car. Sadly, I've been through seven fairly nice cars, have well over $70,000 into parts and vehicles, not including labor and shipping, and really don't give a flying f*ck. Not only do I know a crap load about working on Hondas, I know about other types of cars; the perks of being friends with a mechanic who lets you watch in on repairs, because you get the jist of the job without getting your hands dirty, so when comes the time when you are stuck, wow, I know what to f*cking do! Just like the "your parents pay for blah, blah, blah. I hear some people say that to me, I hear people say that to friends of mine, I hear people say that about strangers. Do you really think they are hurt inside? Wow, I feel pretty crapty, my parents did something with their lives and aren't poor so they can support me. *whimper* Time to go cry. :( Life sucks. f*cker.

/end

ricer^

And what makes his car anymore "ricey" then yours?

You truely are a f*g, people who still consider cars "rice" and people "ricers" are tool bags. Who cares if their cars are not built to your f*cking satisfaction? It is their car, not yours. Let them do what they want while you do what you want. Your car is a f*cking four by four, we give you crap, but we don't call you a ricer. If I was the type of immature person who still used the phrase "rice," yours would be right there piled up with altezzas and underglow.

Archived