Hyundai's RWD Monster...

BuddySol

So this is not the Tiburon replacement...this is a whole new vehicle...

genesiscoupeconcept1.jpg

Seems like Hyundai is pushing its way into the sport coupe market. I wonder how it'll stack up against the others with it's 300hp+ V6... :o

Actually, I read in Car and Driver that it's still up in the air if this will be the new Tib or the Genesis.

Hyundais are getting up there. Pretty cool. When they get better, all the other cars will too just to stay competitive. God bless capitalism.

Actually, I read in Car and Driver that it's still up in the air if this will be the new Tib or the Genesis.

Hyundais are getting up there. Pretty cool. When they get better, all the other cars will too just to stay competitive. God bless capitalism.

Print Media is slow...lol

After Hyundai's press conference wrapped up Tuesday, we took the opportunity to grill a couple of Hyundai's design and engineering heads about some of the details surrounding the Genesis Coupe Concept and its production counterpart. While its already been revealed that the new coupe won't be coming with a V8, nor will Hyundai nix the front-wheel-drive Tiburon in favor of a strictly RWD sports car lineup, there are still plenty of questions that needed answering.

That was from Autoblog. Leftlane News also pretty much said the same thing - That Hyundai has repeatedly said the Tiburon, as a FF sporty coupe, will have it's own successor which is not the Genesis coupe concept. Two engines will supposedly be offered: turbo four-banger and the already mentioned V6.

Nice. That's cool that they're expanding their product line like that.

Honestly I wish Honda placed as much emphasis on things like that as Hyundai is doing. That thing may be cool, but it'd be way cooler if it was a Honda.

yeah i heard about this a while back. my friend is a manager at a hyundai dealership. this tiburon is supposed to have a tighter rear end than the mustangs and well with over 300 horses ford should be ashamed :devil:

i like hyundai. sure the transmissions on the old tiburons werent up to par, but every single other car/suv is very reliable.

Archived