What suits you? Custom or Restored to stock...

1ofAkindDelSol

Ok, Heres where we seperate the Crazy customs from the Shabby stock del sols. What type of person are you? Stock or full custom.

Oh yeh. For all you hicks out there, Ricer is not a word let alone, a good name for a custom car. When you call a car a ricer, you sound like an 80 year old red neck that knows nothing about cars. So, no "Ricer" Bull $#!t. Ok?

I , myself, am a Custom car person. Theres nothing better than having a car that is so clean and different than any other car on the road. I love adding new things to my car. I like making things match and flow with the color and design of the car. I try to make my car look like it came out of the factory like a new type of honda. It will always have the heart and sol of a del sol, but will look like no other del sol. Custome design is my thing. What is yours?

Post away people................

I like custom cars, but there is a line of over custom. And one thing I hate is when someone put 20 inch rims on a small car, lets say a Del Sol for example, Thats just wrong to put big rims on a small car. I like mine to look good, and I am still able to race. I love to go fast, and I love the attention.

the thing is dude , your car isnt custom. all the parts on your car can be bought by anyone. thats not custom. thats buying parts and bolting them onto your car. i do like your sol though dude , the only thing i dont like about it , is the rear top wing , and the color. other than that , looks good to me. custom is when you have made or have had made parts that noone else has. or , simply have something done to your car that noone else has. my car right now is pretty custom , and theres no aftermarket parts on it besides exhaust.

Definately. My car is as custom as the first three cars in this thread.

So the question should be, do you prefer a car modded for function, or a car modded for style (subjective).

I prefer to mod my car for function and make it drive better than stock. After all, I spend a lot more time driving my car than I do sitting and staring at it.

I rather mod for function too but some things can be mods for function and looks...like carbon fiber hood and such...

1ofAkindDelSol's car is nice, imo except for the color...the color is like the color of one of those gums that have a million artificial chemicals and colors in them...

I agree that certain mods help both function and looks. Like my suspension which hugely helped function and made a huge difference in the looks as well. It's the mods that accomplish nothing but the looks that doesn't fit my style. I bought the Integra because I love the way it looks, I don't want to go and make drastic changes to it's looks when the style of the car is what I loved in the first place.

I , myself, am a Custom car person.

Post away people................

no, you are a ricer. there is nothing functional about the kind of "custom" (rice) work you do. its tacky and makes your car look cheap. youre in denial, you need help. what are you thinking when you say rice is customizing cars, youre actually decreasing the value of the car.

1ofAkind... youre a f*cking idiot, get off the boards with these stupid topics that will only get you flamed. go drive your one of a kind POS into your mother.

nancy be nice. why you so cranky? , lol. i can give you what you need to be happy baby , for at least 5 minutes , hahaha. just kiddin hun. give him a break , to each thier own.

nancy be nice. why you so cranky? , lol. i can give you what you need to be happy baby , for at least 5 minutes , hahaha. just kiddin hun. give him a break , to each thier own.

i need more than 5 minutes, cran-dog. i dont like this guy, i think hes an idiot but ill lay off since you asked.

haha, oh nancy. you never fail to entertain me. i can honestly say when i see you posted it makes me giggle inside knowing that your about to destroy someones self-esteem.

but anywhooo...

i prefer both, function and looks. not everything you can do is function related, so im sure everyone has a sense of looks no matter what they say.

haha, oh nancy. you never fail to entertain me. i can honestly say when i see you posted it makes me giggle inside knowing that your about to destroy someones self-esteem.

+1

I like function. I love going fast and i dont care if i look pretty or not.

I got pulled over so many more times and got more tickets when I had the r34 kit on my civic, then the honda gods humbled the ricer inside me by letting a huge steel plate slide off the back of a truck while cruising down the highway and it ripped the front bumper right off leaving me scrambling to search for my stock bumper. I dont know about you, but I think picture 1 looks much better than picture 2.

picture 1

P1017242.jpg

picture 2

civicbodykit.jpg

+1

I like function. I love going fast and i dont care if i look pretty or not.

I got pulled over so many more times and got more tickets when I had the r34 kit on my civic, then the honda gods humbled the ricer inside me by letting a huge steel plate slide off the back of a truck while cruising down the highway and it ripped the front bumper right off leaving me scrambling to search for my stock bumper. I dont know about you, but I think picture 1 looks much better than picture 2.

picture 1

P1017242.jpg

picture 2

civicbodykit.jpg

Picture 2 would look better if you had it painted.

here is a quick 2 minute MS Paint job.

bodykitpaint.jpg

i still think my first pic looks better. the stock look is so much cleaner. I would have liked an si lip though. that would have been nice.

I am 100% function. I do what I need to do to maintain the look of the vehicle by repairing and so on. I do not have a lot of spare cash to throw around, so anything I spend on the car goes to making it a better performing vehicle.

Not that I am against 'form' but I can't see my way to spend a bunch of money on nothing more then eye-candy. One deer, one keying, one hail storm, one pissed off wife, one of about a million things can trash a pretty ride. But functional changes to the car can actually help you to avoid some of those things because your car performs better.

I am a bone stock guy. Nothing is sexier than a 1978 Honda Civic CVCC that looks like it just rolled off an assembly line, the only indication of its age being the smell of old books inside the car (yeah, I think old restored Hondas smell like old books on the inside).

I think limited production Hondas are the best: Prelude NX, Prelude Estates, CRX Special Edition, CRX Executive, and the HR-V are all at the top of my list.

Archived