Exhaust, off ebay......

JTRSOL

wait a minute guys, are you saying that the muffler is supposed to protrude out on an angle? cause what i was going to do was unbolt the muffler and do what i could to force bend it so that it will sit straight. what angle is it supposed to sit at? the tip directed inwards towards the center of the car, or outwards? i just figured that my system was just a cheap knock off that wasn't welded together perfectly. please someone tell me before i unknowingly damage my exhaust.

N1 Style Catback exhaust systems by Tsudo were born to satisfy the want for quick throttle response and to effectively handle the rigorous demands of high-horsepower engines. The pipes were engineered with the aid of sophisticated CAD systems to develop the straightest possible lines and least number of bends. The straight-through SUS304 stainless steel canister projects from the car at an angle, which helps smooth the exhaust flow.

I dont know what angle but I copied this right off of the description on the auction. I will try to find the link a little later. I notice all the ricers cock the muffler at such an unecessary angles. If yours is like that then im sure its not suppose to. But if it is just slightly like from what i understand from your comments then I would just leave it. Does the tip point inward or does it point outward. On my car if ( canister projects from the car at an angle, which helps smooth the exhaust flow. ) it is true then mine sould point outward.

I have the Tsudo N1. It comes out perfectly straight and it lines up Perfectly, which is surprising for an ebay exhaust. but then again they have their own website so I don't know. Fitment was exact though and it doesn't stick out past the bumper.

im sure honda exhausts on ebay sound like crap, but the ones for STi's arent bad. think about it, its just pipes. the only thing making the crapty sound is the muffler (and or if it has resonators in it, and for you guys a cat).

I'm pretty sure that's why mine has a raspy sound around vtec. I have no Cat nor resonators. Just 2.5'' straight through. I'm trying to get a stock cat and crap used, they charge an arm and a leg for a brand new one.

Yeah no kidding. When I put my exhaust on we through the old stuff out. I mean the exhaust was toast, but I should have kept the cat and stuff. It actually doesn't sound that bad from 3000 - 4500 when getting on it. If i'm easy on it it sounds good all the way till vtec. >_>

• 1 month later...

has anyone just got a de-cat pipe and no what it sounds like? im thinking i have an induction kit and i dont want a crap off loud exhaust just a nice zip like the soundclip sent has, would just a de-cat pipe do this? and where can you get one from?

thanks

joe

Archived