Anyone watch the news at all today???

Hatch92

Didn't watch the vid, but I caught a moment or two of them crushing cars on the news earlier. A little extreme, IMO.

very extreme.. i read another site where the "street racers" were interviewed and they said they could have stripped the parts and allowed the police station to auction them off and give money to charity.. but no... they figured it'd be a better idea to take cars with nice cars with rims on them that are becoming extinct to find.

there was a picture of 6 cars stacked on top of each other. Mugen MR5s, racing sparcos, Work equips... thats an extra few thousand dollars on all the rims in the stacks.

now, because the police station knows nothing about or doesnt value anything about these impossible to find products, they figure crushing cars will "prove a point"....

it makes me furious and hate any cop and hate california.

Wow.... I got pulled over about a year ago in O.C. by the block. Fuquin chippies popped my hood and wrote me up for some crazy emissions violations.

The little prick tried to act like he knew all about hondas because he took a special course to spot aftermarket mods. Fuquer couldn't even tell I had a motor swap..lol. He said he was going to impound my car because he couldn't see the serial number on the tranny.

All said and done I paid $800 and called it a day, a very bad day.

I'm 26 and an educated CSULB alumni, not some young kid. Been racing Hondas since I was 16 and won't stop... ever.

Haha, I like how they were all Hondas that were crushed in that video. Now, on to my rant about street racing.

I completely disagree with anyone who says street racing is stupid. Yes, I agree that too many people have died from street racing related accidents, but it is their fault. I am going to take this into three different perspectives; as a street racer, as a spectator, and as an innocent driver.

STREET RACER

The countless number of street races I have witnessed and have been in, I have yet to see one accident. Sure, there are some people who can not control their cars and can and will crash, but those same people probably should not be driving on the roads, because they can make mistakes while just driving on the highway. Although, people can crash, just like at the track, you still hold the same risks. The majority of the cars that street race, sadly, aren't even fast enough to qualify to have to wear a helmet at the race track, and the ones who do can generally handle their vehicles. Sure there is the usual possibilities of something happening. Sure the race tracks base their regulations primarily how fast your car is, in terms of mile per hour it will hit, and these 16 second cars at 86 miles a hour may hit higher speeds on the street and cause more risk, they should know their limits. The idiots who die street racing would most likely die just driving on a highway or fooling around.

SPECTATOR

When doing anything illegal, even legal, you know going into it that there are risks of getting injured, period. You could go to a baseball game and get hit on the head by a foul ball and die, is one example. These people who go to watch street racing should know how they should act as to not get hurt. As an ex-racer, I witnessed many spectators driving wrecklessly to show off, driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and driving in the racing areas like idiots. By this I mean that I've seen spectators start to bust a U-Turn or leave a parking spot to park while a race is going towards them. Also, many spectators tend to just pull out of a parking spot when cops show up, regardless of the cars that are already in the actual lanes of the road coming towards them. They get killed mainly because of their own stupidity. Although yes, they can get hit by a car that gets out of control, but as I stated, they take this risk going into this.

INNOCENT DRIVER

The major street racing problems are not news to anyone, the locations of these spots are fairly well known. The street races, atleast here, do not even begin to start until 12:00am. Although the major nights are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and the roads can be generally more crowded, the areas that most of these races go on at are very low in activity around those times. Where the Philadelphia races are, there are a few open businesses at that time of night and they are strip clubs. Regardless, the location that the actual races occur can easily be avoided by these innocent people. They should know by now when and where these races occur and that they should just find another way around it, because it isn't going to stop. In Philadelphia, atleast the races from a few years ago, the flaggers knew to let people through; if there was a line of non-racers or buses, they would send everyone through and just reform the lines when it was calm. I don't think they do that anymore, because there are new flaggers, but crap used to be mad organized. I personally have stopped, hardcore street raced for like three years and haven't been there, seriously, for about a year. Although I do know people who still go, who got caught, who know that the scene is completely different. I think it is a terrible scene, the cars, the drivers, and the fact that nobody who goes is really from the good times when you could race until 4:00am or only worry about a bust once a year, if that. This year there have been atleast three busts that I know about, probably more. Sure they are getting more serious, but people are still there. Supposedly Philadelphia start crushing cars.

I guess what I am saying, is that it should be left alone, people should go there at their own risk. Innocent people who decide to drive straight through are at their own risk, because when something goes around extremely late at night every week, they should just get the point. These races go on at night, not in the day time when there are a lot of cars around. In a way, they are trying to make the organized street races as safe as possible. Cops also add to the deaths, yet they don't seem to realize it. If these races are left alone, nobody will be running and making dumb decisions, the deaths and accidents generally occur when the police show up.

/rant

Haha, I like how they were all Hondas that were crushed in that video. Now, on to my rant about street racing.

I completely disagree with anyone who says street racing is stupid. Yes, I agree that too many people have died from street racing related accidents, but it is their fault. I am going to take this into three different perspectives; as a street racer, as a spectator, and as an innocent driver.

STREET RACER

The countless number of street races I have witnessed and have been in, I have yet to see one accident. Sure, there are some people who can not control their cars and can and will crash, but those same people probably should not be driving on the roads, because they can make mistakes while just driving on the highway. Although, people can crash, just like at the track, you still hold the same risks. The majority of the cars that street race, sadly, aren't even fast enough to qualify to have to wear a helmet at the race track, and the ones who do can generally handle their vehicles. Sure there is the usual possibilities of something happening. Sure the race tracks base their regulations primarily how fast your car is, in terms of mile per hour it will hit, and these 16 second cars at 86 miles a hour may hit higher speeds on the street and cause more risk, they should know their limits. The idiots who die street racing would most likely die just driving on a highway or fooling around.

SPECTATOR

When doing anything illegal, even legal, you know going into it that there are risks of getting injured, period. You could go to a baseball game and get hit on the head by a foul ball and die, is one example. These people who go to watch street racing should know how they should act as to not get hurt. As an ex-racer, I witnessed many spectators driving wrecklessly to show off, driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and driving in the racing areas like idiots. By this I mean that I've seen spectators start to bust a U-Turn or leave a parking spot to park while a race is going towards them. Also, many spectators tend to just pull out of a parking spot when cops show up, regardless of the cars that are already in the actual lanes of the road coming towards them. They get killed mainly because of their own stupidity. Although yes, they can get hit by a car that gets out of control, but as I stated, they take this risk going into this.

INNOCENT DRIVER

The major street racing problems are not news to anyone, the locations of these spots are fairly well known. The street races, atleast here, do not even begin to start until 12:00am. Although the major nights are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and the roads can be generally more crowded, the areas that most of these races go on at are very low in activity around those times. Where the Philadelphia races are, there are a few open businesses at that time of night and they are strip clubs. Regardless, the location that the actual races occur can easily be avoided by these innocent people. They should know by now when and where these races occur and that they should just find another way around it, because it isn't going to stop. In Philadelphia, atleast the races from a few years ago, the flaggers knew to let people through; if there was a line of non-racers or buses, they would send everyone through and just reform the lines when it was calm. I don't think they do that anymore, because there are new flaggers, but crap used to be mad organized. I personally have stopped, hardcore street raced for like three years and haven't been there, seriously, for about a year. Although I do know people who still go, who got caught, who know that the scene is completely different. I think it is a terrible scene, the cars, the drivers, and the fact that nobody who goes is really from the good times when you could race until 4:00am or only worry about a bust once a year, if that. This year there have been atleast three busts that I know about, probably more. Sure they are getting more serious, but people are still there. Supposedly Philadelphia start crushing cars.

I guess what I am saying, is that it should be left alone, people should go there at their own risk. Innocent people who decide to drive straight through are at their own risk, because when something goes around extremely late at night every week, they should just get the point. These races go on at night, not in the day time when there are a lot of cars around. In a way, they are trying to make the organized street races as safe as possible. Cops also add to the deaths, yet they don't seem to realize it. If these races are left alone, nobody will be running and making dumb decisions, the deaths and accidents generally occur when the police show up.

/rant

+1

I mean, to be honest, if you think street racing is stupid, you obviously are doing it wrong. It is by far the biggest adrenaline rush I get. I don't do it anymore, because it is not worth the risk to me at this point with my record the way it is, but I still have my fair share of run ins.

If you've ever been to a legal dragway, it is f*cking boring! You pay $13 or more, mostly more, and you get anywhere from 1 run to 20. The majority of the time, you only get like 3, I've had times were I've had 13 in a day and had times to cool down, but that was on a Saturday test and tune when prices are sky high, never on a cheap day. Most of the time the lines are so long and people break and there are clean ups. It is rediculous when you can just drive the equivalent distance and have non-stop adrenaline and race as little or much as you feel like, and actually race to win, not for a f*cking timeslip. Bracket racing is different, the few times I've done it, I'm pumped, but it only lasts so long.

I've been good and have been going to the drag strip, but everytime someone breaks or the wait is too long, I get the same feeling as I did when I turned into a hardcore street racer. I get fed up with paying to race and not really getting to race.

I really think police has to re-think their outlook on street racing or maybe even just have cops there to secure things.

now, because the police station knows nothing about or doesnt value anything about these impossible to find products, they figure crushing cars will "prove a point"....

it makes me furious and hate any cop and hate california.

Ok so what actions do you think they should take against street racers? slap their wrist, give them a fine? Come on guys.....

from a light to light racing is about all that should be done on the street. fuk organized street racing.

It doesnt matter, if they are stolen engines they should just crush all the cars because therefore no one can steal those engines again and again and again...doesnt matter, i hate going out around here with the integra cause they all are like wats under the hood...and i simply tell them...a motor...lol

they probly wont auction the parts off because they dont want new and upcoming street racers to take those parts and put them on their cars only to get pulled over and resold at auction.

And about that emission crap, a cop wrote me a wonderful ticket about all that and impounded my car for 30 days. Well, to be a weiner right back to him, when I went into court and talked to the judge I told her (the judge) that my car was now registered in arizona since im an arizona resident and there are no emission laws in the state of arizona. She threw out the case and the cop bitched me out in the elevator on the way out.

agreed with compuvision. ive seen street races with cars that are actually worthy...not 16 second hondas battling it out. and out of all i saw, they were all done safely on roads no one drives or minimal traffic and they just knew how to drive. im not saying its right to do, just sayin. no one will ever be able to stop street racing, so if anything doing it more safely is better than nothing.

It's not a matter of people not "doing it right" when it comes to street racing, and that's why people think it's stupid. The rush is great, but it's not worth the risk of something happening. The older you get, the more you realize this. It's not just because you may get caught and get fined or more, or just that you may get into an accident where you get hurt. It has to do with other people on the road as well. Have some consideration for others when you're on the road. You never know who is in the other car, and who could end up hospitalized or even dead because you want an adrenaline rush. We're not invincible like we tend to think when we're young and naive, and other people on the roads are not either. How much would that rush be worth if you took someone's life, maybe a mother, father, child, anyone.

On a related note, a couple of kids in this area (22 and 20, I believe) are going to jail now for street racing. A man died as a result of their racing.

the point is, its the law. you break the law by speeding or racing, you deserve to be punished.

if you get caught with marijuana in the states, do they just take the weed? no, they take the pipe, the rolling papers, and anything else you have that deals with weed, so it lessens your chance of doing it again.

if you get caught street racing, they should take your license, and your car so you can't do that sh!t again for at least awhile.

So because I'm from new york state and there is a no cell phone law while your driving; why can't I pull the cops over and crush their cell phone. Hell fair is fair isn't it. And I'm sure there are more cell phone related deaths then there are street racing....

-Travis

street racing won't stop...some stop doing it and others start! cops or crushing the cars can't stop it either!

There is no "safe" way of doing it...even if every county blocks a huge section so that the street racers "street race" there for free, they still will hurt eachother most probably! I see street racing EVERY DAY on this major street in my town...a while ago, the two racers hit EACHOTHER!!! not every racer is a good driver...

I agree that it is a major rush...one of the best rushes! it's just that there is no way around it...track is not as fun and street is dangerous!

Hell, just the other day I partook in a race against a 550+whp Integra.

I might have been beaten severely, but it..was very fun..

Yay for big open Four-lane highways @ 11pm when traffic is scarce to none.

Archived