Here's my new del Sol

Took some pictures today of my new del Sol -- a '93 Si. Haven't done anything to it yet, or even washed it yet since it was going to storm tonight, and prolly will a few more times this weekend. Not gonna mod this right now besides an intake and stereo/security system, but I have some amber corners in the garage waiting to go on when I do a full detail and take more pictures. But here's my new car anyway...

front.jpg

side.jpg

behind.jpg

engine.jpg

interior.jpg

cluster.jpg

Thanks, folks, I was excited to get my hands on this one too. I actually have been waiting to buy this one in particular since before I had my last one. Can't stay away from the del Sols, but truthfully the only reason I sold my last one was to buy this one.

Good eye on the hand brake, seb.james. It's weak as crap right now after some shop redoing the rear discs/calipers for the previous owner. I'm gonna have to get in there and tighten them cables.

Did a few things today: put in my amber corners, cleaned the interior, sprayed those ugly floormats black, and a few other odds and ends. Gonna do a full engine detail tomorrow with an oil change (prolly AMSOIL) and take care of the muffler, which looks a little bad right now as you may have noticed. Then hopefully this weekend will be nice enough weather to warrant an exterior detail and photoshoot in all it's new finery.

Hell yeah, man. They were in great shape, just had an ugly pattern on them. Why spend 50 for a new set when I can just paint them for 5 bucks. They look nice -- I'll post pictures when I take some of the engine bay, since I'm about to go detail that right now.

Just did a quick degreasing on my engine bay to get rid of the dirt. No real grimey stuff, which was nice, but here's a couple pictures. You can also scope the new corners in the second one.

SANY0001-4.jpg

SANY0003-3.jpg

And here's what my interior looks like now that I painted the floormats black. I think it's an improvement but I'm still gonna get some black Wet Okole seat covers eventually so everything on the interior will be black.

SANY0002-2.jpg

I wish I had that kind of money. The Wet Okole seat covers are some of the nicest I've seen, both in fitment and looks. Plus you can wash them and they're waterproof (made of the same material as wet suits).

Check them out, but imagine them all black:

untitled.jpg

I think I'd spraypaint the carpeting in the car black to perfectly match the floormats at the same time as I put them in, and then everything on the interior would be a nice matching black.

hmmm my seats have a grey stripe which would match the rest of your panels, and yours have a red stripe which would match my red velvet. hmmm interesting

hmmm my seats have a grey stripe which would match the rest of your panels, and yours have a red stripe which would match my red velvet. hmmm interesting

Haha, poor airjordan has been trying to get red-striped seats forever now... if you're just going to cover them up, you might as well trade him :thumbsup:

I'll trade him for his seats right now if he drives down to trade with me. We could even meet in PA some time and hang out with those kids at the same time. Let's try to organize this, man. I'll PM you my number and we can talk things over.

damn john, nice sol wayy low miles im jealous haha i wish i had low miles i got 146k on my car. luckly i did the honda maintance when i got the car changed the timing belt and water pump.. but damn looks reall nice u can stay away from a blk sol can u..haha they always looks soo clean

Why did you paint those mats?!?!?!?!

Those mats are rare to find in decent condition. Mad guys on H-T would have bought those in a heartbeat.

Really? I haven't looked in a while, but back when I was trying to find the mats I have (the black ones with del sol written in the rainbow-y embroidery), all I could find were the zig zag mats in various colors. I always thought those ones were kind of ugly.

Anyway, TS, is there any reason you got rid of your Sol and got a different one?

Well, the one I had needed body work (the one thing me and my friends can't do on the cheap), had high miles, and was the S model. I had redone the suspension and brakes but left the engine and shifting pretty much untouched.

Then my friend's dad decided to get rid of his sol that he had bought two years ago and I told him that I would buy it. That was back in January so I just saved money and sold mine. It all came together pretty well since I sold mine for 2500 plus the rex that I sold for 750 and had saved about 1500 by the time I had to buy the new one. Asking price was 5k so all I needed to do was borrow a thousand from my parents and I had 38k miles, a great condition int/ext, and some alloys with rear discs to boot. I think it makes sense.

By the way, I washed and claybarred it last night and am about to go polish and wax it. Then I can finally post up some photos of it cleaned up.

Archived