the infamous thread....

Heres a novel idea. How about posting pics or scans of your vehicular transgrassions. A wall of shame if you will.

thread idea inspired by 90's recent run-in with the law :devil:

if you post make sure to edit out your personal info!

Mine:

Hard to make out, but: busted windshield, headlight out, car not registered or titled in my name and still sporting previous owners license plates that had expired 1.5 years ago = four tickets, two trips to the magistrate and $349 in fines and four official misdemeanor charges now on my permanant record :(

x069.jpg

dude, I have so many, it isnt even funny. Most of them are stupid things like illegal modifications (which i took care of by registering in arizona, man the cop was pissed at the court date when I brought that up) and loud exhaust (2.5" pipe all the way back with an aeroturbine muffler = loud as hell but sexy).

I had a few speeding tickets, but not when I was really speeding, like 78 in a 65 type sh!t.

I don't even know where all of mine have gone.

Three speeding tickets.

A seatbelt ticket.

An equipment violation containing -- Window tint, loud exhaust, illegal intake, car too low.

i saw a quick reference on another thread that he got a 94 in a 55

I had a violation in the lude for having too loud of an exhaust. it was a bomz that was on it when I bought the car, i was cruising going 65 on the expressway and had the cruise on with the silencer installed. can you tell me how the eff the dumbhead OHP guy even heard me, let alone enough to warrant a ticket?

In Ohio there are no laws governing the height of the car, but there are laws covering the height of your license plate. plate has to be "no part less than 12" off the ground and no part higher then 32"" I believe.

If I kept them, I'd post them, but 56k wouldn't be able to view and cable might have a little problem.

Awh, you guys depress me. I frame mine and hang them on the wall next to the picture and the license plates that I had on the car at that time.

I don't have any to frame.

If I did I'd prolly have them like you said.

A work-related acquaintance once got 13 violations at once. You better believe he has that framed.

Awh, you guys depress me. I frame mine and hang them on the wall next to the picture and the license plates that I had on the car at that time.

I've probably gotten 30+ tickets...not worth the wall space.

I'd love to meet the boring old fat b*stard that made up that rule, I mean really, why bother? I'd just love to laugh in his face and tell him to get a dam life. Did they really sit there debating "hmm...shall we make it 32 inches, or 33? oh god no 33 is far too high!" SLAP.

Why are there laws governing the height of someones car? the only law there should be is the one if its scraping the floor then its illegal! or if its that high then its tipping over or something...Some peoples logic baffles me.

Actually, there are very tight regulations in the United States revolving around modified vehicles. The majority of the officers do not follow up with it, because it is a pain in the ass, but if a cop is in a bad enough mood, he can nail you for any number of things. Lowering your vehicle, illegal exhaust, noise violating exhaust, illegal intake, blah, blah, blah. You really aren't legally allowed to modify your car from stock form, unless straight from the company and installed by their technicians. It is retarded. Only thing that really makes sense is the lowering part, because they say it can be unsafe, poorly made, etc. I agree with that to a point, but there could be factory flaws, the rest is 100% bullcrap, except for the smog crap. But doing stuff like wheels, interior, and body modifications is not illegal, to my knowledge, but there isn't much fun in that.

East coast states and West coast states have it alot more rough then the rest of the country though. Provided I have all my safety features in-tact, am not producing too much noise and haven't tampered with the emissions enough that a passing officer would notice there are not nearly as many laws for modified cars in Ohio. I am sure that this is the way it is simply because the scene is not nearly as big where I am at. I live in the country where most people drive a truck with a 6 to 12" lift, off-road tires and the current popular thing is to modify the Diesel exhaust to look like a big truck exhaust end exits out the top by the roof, but you are only cool if you can do it with a 12" chrome exhaust pipe.

Less tuner car drivers means less laws governing them - for now.

california is supposed to be known for being gay with cars but i looked it all up and its not that big a deal, exhaust must be below 120 db, no more than a 25% tint, car has to be high enough to keep from scraping if you get a flat tire, and emissions.

I've probably gotten 30+ tickets...not worth the wall space.

lol i agree. if this thread was started like 3 years ago id have about 30 to show as well.

california is supposed to be known for being gay with cars but i looked it all up and its not that big a deal, exhaust must be below 120 db, no more than a 25% tint, car has to be high enough to keep from scraping if you get a flat tire, and emissions.

the 120 db thing is untrue. Thats how I tried to fight it in court. I asked the judge if there was any device that the cops could use to measure it on the street to see if its too loud or if there was a level that it couldnt be above since some of the harley motorcycles riding around were much louder than my exhuast. The judge said that the police judge it by ear, and if they think its too loud, they can cite you.

How do you get more than 30 tickets? How many times have you been pulled over? And are you counting each violation as a ticket, and including parking tickets? Or are these all seperate incidents?

Have you ever gotten a tail gating ticket? I have.

Focus one illegal turn on red.

Trans Am two street racing, one tailgating, one for illegal exhaust, accelerating too quickly, and countless speeding. And tons of warnings.

Subaru one speeding.

EH2 Civic two speeding, one for illegal exhaust, one for changing lanes without a turn signal. A few warnings.

EJ1 Civic none.

Maybe not 30, I'm really not sure of the exacts, but probably 25 tickets, not counting multiple violations on the tickets, because I rarely had any. Then there were tons of warnings and crap. I've probably been pulled over 40 some times. I've been good lately, trying to get insurance down and eventually get a bike.

Have you ever gotten a tail gating ticket? I have.

Focus one illegal turn on red.

Trans Am two street racing, one tailgating, one for illegal exhaust, accelerating too quickly, and countless speeding. And tons of warnings.

Subaru one speeding.

EH2 Civic two speeding, one for illegal exhaust, one for changing lanes without a turn signal. A few warnings.

EJ1 Civic none.

Maybe not 30, I'm really not sure of the exacts, but probably 25 tickets, not counting multiple violations on the tickets, because I rarely had any. Then there were tons of warnings and crap. I've probably been pulled over 40 some times. I've been good lately, trying to get insurance down and eventually get a bike.

Damn domestic owners.:-

Archived