Week 7: What would you do?

compuvision02

Well, missed quite a few weeks, but I came up with an even better idea to branch off of this. Instead of telling us what you would do to the car, let's start arguing! We are going to argue in a very fun way, this will definetly keep the community occupied. Now we will take two different cars and debate on which is better and why. Imports, domestics, European, a mix, anything goes. If you don't know much about the vehicle, do some research, this will also help promote variation in your knowledge of cars. I personally feel I know a good deal about a lot of different cars, because I love being able to know if I can win a race based on what they've got. Hopefully you all will shortly.

We will start off with a very big rivalry:

2004-2005 Subaru WRX STi sedan

versus

2003-2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII sedan

EVO FTW.

Merely because I haven't seen one yet that's street driven to rival the AMS 8 second EVO.

Haha. That's actually a lame reason, but it's true.

Okay, well I am back. I would personally go STi, because I think they look and sound so much better. It is a lot harder to make them go as fast as Evolutions do though, not to mention modifying them in general is harder. I like the way Evolutions look when they are slammed on baller ass wheels like Volk CE28's and wingless. Although, STi's can look good as hell with just a drop and a WRX wing on stock wheels. I don't like the way Evolutions sound, unless they are wide open throttle, STi's on the other hand sound amazing all the time.

Yes that's one thing the STi has on the Evo..

That rumble. LOL.

I can't help it. I may nutswing on the AMS Evo, but it's such a badass car.

Vroom.

Missed one --

EVO!!!! When was the last time you saw an STi burn all four on a launch? Evo's can be made to do it fairly cheap.

It isn't hard with STi's either. My friends downpipe only WRX used to burn all four. STi's can whip doughnuts just as easy too.

i'd take either if i could afford 1. but they both have weaknesses. the STI has a tranny that is said to be like glass. and the evo has the 4G63 which everyone knows is notorious for crank walk. i'd take the evo personaly. crank walk is easier to fix imo.

Well since I've driven both extensively, this is a tough decision.

The Evo is incredible because of the top-end power, precise as hell handling, and overall build quiality.

The Sti owns the Evo in low-end torque, smoother shifting trans, and looks in my opinion.

I hate how Evo 8/9 come with stock Altezza's and chrome housing headlights on the 8's, and they take much more work on the outside to even look good.

Sti dropped on the stock BBS's is all it takes for me...

So, since I love the torque, the boxter sound, and looks, i'll have to go with a '04-'07 Subaru WRX Sti. (yes, i'm aware they changed the body style...)

But the next one should be between some VW Jetta or Audi A4

Are you serious? Same cars, just one is more luxurious? They both break? They are both expensive to maintain? They are both overrated? S4 and up are the only ones worth buying, in my opinion. :p I was thinking along the lines of another type of vehicle next.

besides, the s4 isn't half what it used to be when it was turboed. Now they just crammed a fat v8 in it, say it can do 0-60 in whatever low time and ignore everyones questions about its ability to corner. Sounds like something just as stupid as what the domestic companies do. "Wook at the numberz, its wewey weaey phast!" (read previous statement is the most retard sounding voice you can muster and you will be close)

heres a bombas car that I would pimp any time, any place: g35 coupe

The used ones are just now dropping into a price range that many honda peeps can start to afford. Sadly I know nothing of the car mechanicals at this time, as I realized a long time ago that it was not in my best interest to purchase vehicles over the 5k price range, as I tend to not keep them long enough to warrant spending more. So I hadn't bothered to research them further.

Archived