CleanGSR

I see :) I should tell my friend to get some nice ones then...lol but I remember, he got his car a few weeks after I got mine...when I saw his car we exchanged and I was driving his and he was driving mine...he liked mine so much he is like hmm...I should go get urs instead...but he is too much of an "American muscle car fan"...

lol I reminded him to press my clutch down completely since he doesn't do that when he drives his car...

Oh, question.

I often accidentally hit window sill trim as well as other places on my car that leaves nasty white swirls and won't come off.

Any recommendations on what kind of product I should use to remove it? Water/Carwash solution/Elbow grease have failed.

Well Lina, in the domestic world, that style wheel is actually very popular. The big one is Torque Thrust II's. Ask any V8 domestic owner if they know what TTII's are and 10:1 they will know.

Sick ass job man! Sucks that it will be back to the way it was in due time. It obviously got that way quickly, won't be long until it is back again.

Sick ass job man! Sucks that it will be back to the way it was in due time. It obviously got that way quickly, won't be long until it is back again.

Yea, but that car is beautiful now. If that customer has a few bucks to spend he will be back for more on a regular basis. Taking someone elses f-ed up work where they dropped the ball and then correcting it for customer lightning quick creates lifetime customers.

First off I went head on with a couple sun pictures to show the lack of swirls. Second this car was almost completely orange peel free. The passenger side door was the worst as it was the only part not repainted. It took me about 10 hours, 8 hours of that was in the polishing and waxing. I personally love the wheels that are on the car. I love the shaker hood that the owner did too.

I used Propel pads. I tried the mroe aggressive orange pad, but it marred the finish as much as it removed stuff. Super soft clear on this one. I ended up using the Propel Green Polishing pad and working down with a final polishing with a final finishing pad to keep from marring the paint. They are 7" pads which is a little big. Next time I order some pads I'll probably get 6" pads so I can get correction a little faster/easier.

First off I went head on with a couple sun pictures to show the lack of swirls. Second this car was almost completely orange peel free. The passenger side door was the worst as it was the only part not repainted. It took me about 10 hours, 8 hours of that was in the polishing and waxing. I personally love the wheels that are on the car. I love the shaker hood that the owner did too.

DAMN YOU FOR POSTING THIS.

Haha. Mine was whack. I hated the initial de-swirling. f*cking de-swirler residue forming everywhere.

He needs to get rid of those lame ass louvers on the rear glass.

Normally a job like this, I would charge 220. Since his interior was really clean, I charged him $200. He ended up paying me $225. It was kind of a father's day gift/birthday gift from his wife and 2 daughters.

Not to bring up an old arguement, but that is the exact reason why dealerships and "real" detailing shops short cut quite a bit. You said that took you 8 to 10 hours and it had a decent interior. I've seen cars come in just as bad to our dealership, but with a matching interior. If they took 8 to 10 hours to do it, there would be little to no profit when all is said and done.

Archived