Check up

So my car needed a new gasket and new air sensor and a little tuning here and there. I should have the car 2morrow the vid was done after the sensor was put in the car, its running good he just needs to bring it to the shop and work on it a little more. He is going to run a few test b4 I get it back.

Heres is the vid. pics at the bottom.Injoy. :)

Sounds better towards the end.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EOKFwtfn2Z4

cimg0581ne2.jpg

bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh

When I realized the video was halfway through and I was still listening to your bad idle, I closed it. Sounds like crapt when you rev it at the beginning.

BTW. HOLY WHEELGAP! You have more wheelgap than Billy and me combined.

lol yeah I know the car is not dropped yet thats my next upgrade, still on steelies :- . But soon maybe by next month after I get a few bills out the way.Maybe then I can get my rims and drop it. Yeah the idle is bad but it will be better 2morrow. I hope lo.

Car still needs some more work but in due time my friend.

bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh

When I realized the video was halfway through and I was still listening to your bad idle, I closed it. Sounds like crapt when you rev it at the beginning.

BTW. HOLY WHEELGAP! You have more wheelgap than Billy and me combined.

I can't stay quiet any longer. I didn't even bother to watch your clip. Sounds like it was good judgement call considering the previous responses and your prior posts.

The bottom line is that there is something fundamentally wrong with you having to pay someone else to do all of your motor work. It makes it even worse that it is such a basic swap.

Stop posting pics of your gay azz. Actually just stop posting pics.

YOU ARE A POSER!

Nuff said. Save yourself the embarrassment and do not reply.

A basic swap for someone who knows what there doing. Maybe if there was less flamers on this forum and more helpers. People would learn how to do a "Basic job" but who the fk wants to ask such a question knowing there so many flamers who wont even bother to help and just talk sh!t. Like I said on my other post, im way to busy to work on my own car.

As far as my pics its the only pic I had of my seats. One of the screws was loose on the silencer. Found out after I recorded it.

Poser:

1. one who pretends to be someone whose not.

2. who tries to fit in but with exaggeration

3. A person who attempts to blend into a specific social group.

4. A person who trys to portray an image that has nothing to do with their own life style or way of thinking but rather forced to fit inwith a cirtain group that they feel is "cool"

A poser? lol.. wtf makes a poser on this forum? Its just a honda forum- I have a honda- I want to learn more about hondas-and want to meet new people with honda and share ideas . Thats why I joined. I like my honda its my car and I can do what I want with it. Others dont like my car but who the fk are they, no one to me if there not helping. Just another flamer on just another post. Like I care. Everyone has there own opinion, I can atleast deal with that. But if its not helping me I can give 2 sh!ts on what you or they have to say.

The MDFI is being done today. :)

""I can't stay quiet any longer. I didn't even bother to watch your clip. Sounds like it was good judgement call considering the previous responses and your prior posts.

The bottom line is that there is something fundamentally wrong with you having to pay someone else to do all of your motor work. It makes it even worse that it is such a basic swap.

Stop posting pics of your gay azz. Actually just stop posting pics.

YOU ARE A POSER!

Nuff said. Save yourself the embarrassment and do not reply.""

wow man, you wonder why ppl are being harsh. getting someone to work on your car aint that bad. not everyone can do it all. BUT you should at least do some research and what the f*ck you have. if you have dpfi and not mPfi (not mdfi) your car isnt a si!

wow man, you wonder why ppl are being harsh. getting someone to work on your car aint that bad. not everyone can do it all. BUT you should at least do some research and what the f*ck you have. if you have dpfi and not mPfi (not mdfi) your car isnt a si!

This guy has been working on the car for quite a while now (1-2 weeks now?), you'd think he'd already have wired it up properly by now. He's getting paid for it, right?

Yes CRG7 it has been about that long but its really me to blame, I keep ordering things for my car and giving it to him to add to the job. Shipping is about 3-4 days and he only gets to work on it when he gets off work (5ish) and im sure some days he dosent work on it at all or maybe for a few hrs at a time. I dont blame him the man has to rest too.He is getting paid but not all upfront. I give him about 200-300 here and there, what ever I have extra.

This guy has been working on the car for quite a while now (1-2 weeks now?), you'd think he'd already have wired it up properly by now. He's getting paid for it, right?

Yes CRG7 it has been about that long but its really me to blame, I keep ordering things for my car and giving it to him to add to the job. Shipping is about 3-4 days and he only gets to work on it when he gets off work (5ish) and im sure some days he dosent work on it at all or maybe for a few hrs at a time. I dont blame him the man has to rest too.He is getting paid but not all upfront. I give him about 200-300 here and there, what ever I have extra.

It's understandable if you're giving him new parts to put on, but the wiring should have been done up long ago. Cash up front or not, he's still getting paid to do this. I'm not sure how often "here and there" is for the payments, therefore how much you're actually giving him to do the job, but either way I just can't see how he hasn't finished that part of it up by now.

I have the same opinion you do vitalspeed, too many flamers

Everyone seems to think their poo doesn't stink.

There is nothing wrong with paying someone to do the work for you. Not everyone has tools, workshop, time and some people just lack general mechanical know-how. Does that mean they can't enjoy their car or have after market parts? That entire line of thinking is flawed.

I think it sounds like crap too, but I'm just going to tell you my opinion of the sound the exhaust makes. Nothing personal. Maybe it will sound better when the assembly is finished and its finished being tuned. Post another clip once you get everything buttoned up.

I have the same opinion you do vitalspeed, too many flamers

Everyone seems to think their poo doesn't stink.

There is nothing wrong with paying someone to do the work for you. Not everyone has tools, workshop, time and some people just lack general mechanical know-how. Does that mean they can't enjoy their car or have after market parts? That entire line of thinking is flawed.

I think it sounds like crap too, but I'm just going to tell you my opinion of the sound the exhaust makes. Nothing personal. Maybe it will sound better when the assembly is finished and its finished being tuned. Post another clip once you get everything buttoned up.

No, there's nothing wrong for paying someone to do a swap for you or any other "major" modifications... however, it seems like this guy's mechanic either a. doesn't know what he's doing, or b. is just ripping him off by taking his time to do stuff that should have been completed on day 1 of the swap, or c. both a & b.

It's going to continue to sound like crap until the DP-MPFI conversion is completed.

No, there's nothing wrong for paying someone to do a swap for you or any other "major" modifications... however, it seems like this guy's mechanic either a. doesn't know what he's doing, or b. is just ripping him off by taking his time to do stuff that should have been completed on day 1 of the swap, or c. both a & b.

It's going to continue to sound like crap until the DP-MPFI conversion is completed.

exactly, you said it better then I was able to

hes in too deep to do much about it now. So I guess we will just have to see how it turns out in the end.

I would say about 700-800 on labor.

But thats not just for the labor on the swap.

Full brake upgrade (parts/labor)

Full tune up (labor)

Everything new I needed on the motor (sensors, belts, filters, distributor, all gaskets ect.)(parts/labor)

Full cat back installed (labor)

Custom seat rails/installed (labor)

Some extra custom work on the catback.(labor)

Installed new window rubbers all around.(labor)

Fixed my driver window it wouldnt roll down (I fixed it he just redid it with the rubber glue) (glue/labor)

New radiator installed.(labor)

New fly wheel (part/labor)

new steering wheel (labor)

Im sure he has done more work then what I posted. Thats why he has had it for that long.Im sure the labor could have taken less time but part he did not buy I had to wait for them to be shipped to me.

1200 for parts and labor? how much is just the labor?

Archived