Guess what guys?

I'm picking up a B16 Cable trans w/ LSD this week, swapping it in with the Clutchmasters clutch, pp, and 8 lb flywheel. Straight pipe exhaust is going on early next week, then getting a cheapo 4-2-1 header, then tune in the next couple weeks....should help a lot and maybe put my car in the high 13's.....hopefully 8)

hahaha , negative on running 13's there mr still 9.8:1 compression ratio. im not knocking ya , but you aint running a faster time than a type R , cmon dude. youl be lucky! to get into 14's with what you got. you need pistons dude.

So.

I have a question about pistons.

I would use OEM P30 pistons.

I would need a new head gasket right?

How annoying is the install? I know the crankshaft must be removed and wrist pins need to be pressed out...would it just be better to have another block handy to build that one instead of tearing this one apart again?

Penis.

dude pistons wont give you as much power as porting the head i would save up and do port job on it....if you build the head completely you can get 100-150 hp easy outta it...but if you do pistions go with after market pistons not worth doing a build and using OEM parts ....but sounds good bout the tranny and all that car will fell alot stronger

dude pistons wont give you as much power as porting the head i would save up and do port job on it....if you build the head completely you can get 100-150 hp easy outta it...but if you do pistions go with after market pistons not worth doing a build and using OEM parts ....but sounds good bout the tranny and all that car will fell alot stronger

wow.

the head is ported/polished (intake side) and a 3-angle valve job was also done.

OEM P30 pistons are fine.

You have no idea what you're talking about, so GTFO.

you dont polish intake side so i hope they didnt do that ... you port it but leave rought cut...

and your right i dont know what im talking about im not used to slow cars...if ur crap is ported and doesnt go faster then 14's now than either they didnt do it or your ass cant drive....

and dont be cheap save up and get good rods and pistons f*ck OEM crap if you want to go fast it takes money if you dont got it then dont try

you dont polish intake side so i hope they didnt do that ... you port it but leave rought cut...

and your right i dont know what im talking about im not used to slow cars...if ur crap is ported and doesnt go faster then 14's now than either they didnt do it or your ass cant drive....

and dont be cheap save up and get good rods and pistons f*ck OEM crap if you want to go fast it takes money if you dont got it then dont try

On your website it says on a caption of the motor in your avatar "1.6 sohc v-tec 14:3-1 compression all motor over 300 hp."

i :heart: v-tec :laugh:

You don't take the crank out unless you bore or hone it.

B16A2 pistons. You can get by without boring or honing, but it isn't ideal. Just do a hard break-in (like you should on all builds). And yes, you will need a new head gasket.

Hmmm.

The surface that the intake manifold gasket is placed is i guess "decked." I don't know the proper terms of machining, but the surfaces that are supposed to be flat were re-done to be perfectly flat again, therefore leaving a "polished" look. I know it is rough where the actual port takes place.

You come take my car out for a drive as-is and see if you can get it in the 14's.

-No vtec untill 5950 rpm

-Exhaust it too restrictive to make power past 5500 rpm

-Using LS YS1 Trans on a N/A Mild build so far

-Running LS stock block, no compression bump as far as pistons are concerned

Yeah, not a fast car yet, I'm working on it dumbass.

Harry-Well B17 and LS cable trans both say YS1 on the case, and I guess before the vtec head was on the gears felt rather short b/c of the flywheel and only going to 6500 rpm....but now that it's capable of going to 8200 (not that I do) you can definately tell it's a LS trans...slowwww.

Ashley-I'm not positive yet, I'll get the code off the trans and post pics.....I thought it was Y1, but don't quote me on that.

Chris-hmm, well that's why I was thinking of just getting a bare block to work with on the side to do it right instead of doing a half-ass build with my existing block bc I need to drive this car every day to work....

$250 + my trans = B16 trans

Good deal?

I think so... :D

Ashley-I'm not positive yet, I'll get the code off the trans and post pics.....I thought it was Y1, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah, that's what's in the CRX... Y1 w/ LSD :)

Wow. That actually does sound like a pretty good deal. A new trans with new pistons and (finally) header and exhaust? It'll be a pretty big leap when you get it tuned again. Nice.

I'd throw the pistons in the existing block. You'll already have your car out of commission for a while when you remove your tranny and swap it with the B16 one. A little longer to swap heads won't kill you.

Dan, you really could use another car. Maybe you should buy my CRX off me once I get it running proper. huh? huh?

just saying bout the polish on intake side.... well lsvtec with ported and polished head should go in mid 14's with no problem and i know it can be a nasty ass ride build a few of em....actually might be doing one for my self if i get this hatch i might trade my car for..just to have it. cuz he wants to do a car and some cash for my ride...

newayz yea but GL with it and post when its done

Wow. That actually does sound like a pretty good deal. A new trans with new pistons and (finally) header and exhaust? It'll be a pretty big leap when you get it tuned again. Nice.

I'd throw the pistons in the existing block. You'll already have your car out of commission for a while when you remove your tranny and swap it with the B16 one. A little longer to swap heads won't kill you.

Dan, you really could use another car. Maybe you should buy my CRX off me once I get it running proper. huh? huh?

How much for the CRX when you get it running correctly?

Archived