Throw-out Bearing

I need a new one.

My car makes a clicking tapping noise at idle, but when I push in the clutch, it goes away. I'm thinking throw out bearing or pilot bearing. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, and this will be HF history - 11000 posts.

its not a throw out bearing , its mainshaft bearings solles. if your car makes no noise at all when you step on the clutch , that means your throwbearing is fine , but your mainshaft bearings in your tranny are shot. take it easy on it dude.

its not a throw out bearing , its mainshaft bearings solles. if your car makes no noise at all when you step on the clutch , that means your throwbearing is fine , but your mainshaft bearings in your tranny are shot. take it easy on it dude.

I was gonna say the same thing.....

that happened to me solLes, your car loses like 20% of its power when that happens. get it fixed now before it gets worse, cuz once it starts to go, it goes fast. congrats on the 11,000 posts you whore. lol

mainshaft bearings and theres 2 of em. replace them both. its possible , but you dont see it very often , oil guide plates break , there cheap too.

Input shaft bearing. $25 + $5 seal. It doesn't lose power. Replace it or you'll have to replace your whole trans.

i went from being alot fast than a prelude to just keeping up with one after i starting hearing the grinding sound.

why would you buy a trans solles , 70 dollars worth of bearings and its like new again. of course you need someone to take it out and fix it.

oh im sorry solles , i get ya , definitely do that dude. only before you install the Ex trans , refresh it. put these bearings in it if your not sure of condition of trans.

I think I said $250 plus shipping. Im going to get it packed up as soon as I can and get a shipping quote on it. Good thing they arent that heavy, but Ill let you know when I get the quote.

Can I get your zip again?

Archived