b20b or b18b1

Verbal Killa

u just have to find the right "hookups" just look around on forums and find people selling the stuff you need. you can always find anything you need usually for really good prices. are you looking to buy one of the motors? if so i can look around for you i have friends that always end up with stuff like tons of parts. i also have a friend that has a gsr motor just sitting in his garage. it needs to be rebuilt though.

Cuz Making it a LsVtec cost alot of money and alot of people have them. BUt thats just what ""i herd that lsvtec turbo isnt a comptetition too a b20bturbo"".

what the hell are you saying here dude? how do you think B20VTEC is any cheaper than LSVTEC? your best bet , is to buy a whole B16A swap(not even 1500 bucks) , than just get the eagle conversion kit(approx 250) and a B18B bottom end(300 approx). than youl have a good tranny and b16 pistons for it.

EDIT. i think i understand now , haha , your saying you heard a boosted LSVTEC wont keep up to a boosted CRVTEC(B20)?

how is lsvtec "played out?"

because it's one of the optimal set-ups to run in a Honda?

because you start with a low enough CR for safe boost, or raise it for N/A if you'd like?

because you get the tq from the LS and the high-end form the vtec head?

because you're cylinder walls aren't as thin as a B20?

or is it because you just want to be different?

give me a break....played out my ass.

because you get the tq from the LS and the high-end form the vtec head?

That one always makes me laugh. B18B1 actually has 1 lb-ft torque less than the B18C1, so I don't understand how the LS has better torque than a GSR or why a LS-VTEC would have better torque than a GSR. Sure the B18B1 has it's peak torque 1000rpms sooner, but the GSR also has a 1000rpm higher redline, so it's essentially the same spot on the power band. I guess I've just never understood that statement.

ok, well you're still experiencing max wheel tq at 5200 rpm rather than 6200 rpm, also gaining the max high-end power from the vtec head at 7600 rpm or so....which is a pretty nice set-up IMO.

Depends on the setup, Hung. It's not just gonna' stay there 'cause that's where it was made on the original non-vtec setup.

However, if you're going for boost..don't waste your time on a CRVtec build.. Go with LS-Vtec..the cylinder sleeves in the b20 are one peice..so you don't really have a lot to work with as far as sleeving and boring goes.

Okay then thanx

anyone know where too get a b16a head from? i look on ebay and cant find any. i dont wanna spend more then about 600 on the head.

and if i turbo the lsvtec. whatr kind of turbo should i get?

ar .60

ar .70 etc

cuzsome guy is selling a ar.70 garrett turbo for $ 400. but im thinkin thats too big for my car ?

its a measurement. .70 is too big. .60 would be ok though for LSVTEC running boost. dont forget hung , in LSVTEC theres more than plopping the head on the B1 , also putting different pistons in it , well for NA anyways. changes the whole story again for ratings.

Whats NA i keep seeing it. but okay well im going too paint my car and hopefully by this head im looking at b16a 2nd gen comes with everything and is very clean. then ima by the eagle lsvtec kit and take it too the shop.

and why do i hear so much that the b20 pushes more power then the ls vtec? even adding on turbo too both?

http://www.hondata.com/dynocharts.html

look at the charts.

647 hp 29 psi lsvtec

342 hp 12.5 boost b20

i believe it is.?

647 - awesome track car

342 - something along the lines of what you'll want for a streetable car.

You can drive around with 647..just stay in vacuum, and don't f*ck around.

Archived