Latest updates on my car

CleanGSR

INSURANCE UPDATE

Well, first off, I found out that the guy who hit my car...his insurance wasn't in affect when he hit me so the insurance isn't paying. I've found some legal stuff out and have threatened him with it to get $150 of the $294 he owes me. Since I have a letter from his insurance saying he didn't have any, I can get his license suspended for a year by filling out an accident report with a copy of the insurance letter and mailing it to DOR. So, I told him that he has until next Friday to come up with the remaining $144.00 or I'm sending it in. We'll see what happens.....I may send it in even if I get paid (it's not dependent on me getting paid, it's just my leverage).

SUSPENSION UPDATE

I've had my new Tokico Illumina's sitting in the boxes in my garage for almost 2 months now awaiting my Omni Power Coilover sleeves. After waiting for 3 months, I finally got a refund from the springs. Ordered Ground Control's yesterday and should be here by next weekend (not this coming one) and will be installed that Saturday. I'm getting so anxious to get them on that I can't hardly wait. Plus I think one of my rear struts has finally blown cause my ride has gotten pretty rough and the rear suspension squeeks like crazy. I can also hear the spring come unseated and pop back into place on bumps sometimes.

Pics will be posted as soon as I get the new suspension on. Rain or shine, the car will be washed (in the garage probably) and taken out for a photoshoot.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My comptech is only a 1.25" drop and is a little higher on the passenger side (I really hate that). I can go as low as 3.5". I'll probably be dropped 2.5" or basically however low I can go without the 17's rubbing. I think I can easily get another 1.5" drop without rubbing. I plan to get GC extended top hats too so I have the extra shock travel.

Honestly, if I can drop a full 3.5" without rubbing, that's where I'll be. With the extended top hats, I shouldn't have to worry about blowing my shocks either. It would be about the same as a 2" drop as far as the shocks are concerned.

Do you know what a ingalls adjustable rear camber kit looks like? Well instead of that, you just put washers behind your factory parts to bring the top of the suspension out. I put about 2 washers under each (2 total per side) bolt and that got it spot on for a 1.25" drop. If you go more than 2 washers, you'll need to get longer bolts too.

Do you know what a ingalls adjustable rear camber kit looks like? Well instead of that, you just put washers behind your factory parts to bring the top of the suspension out. I put about 2 washers under each (2 total per side) bolt and that got it spot on for a 1.25" drop. If you go more than 2 washers, you'll need to get longer bolts too.

Wow cheap,affordable and affective....I LIKE THAT!!!!! :thumbsup:

Found out Springs will be here Tuesday, and bought Nancy's ITR Front Strut Bar.

I also forgot, but I made a ITR styled trunk brace out of 1" square steel tubing. I can't honestly say if it helped the handling (feels like maybe a little), but it definately got rid of most of the squeeks that I had in my rear suspension through corners.

I'd be putting them on tonight, but need spring compressor's to get my top hats off my stock shocks. I'll rent the spring compressor's tomorrow after work and probably stay up until I get them on. I think I can get them put on in 2 hours (by myself). I've got an air compressor and a 550ft/lb impact wrench so it should be quick business.

I can't see it on my comp at work!

Edit: I see it now. Looks good. I think if you keep the winter wheels on you should drop the front a bit more. Looks great man.

Tint your front windows as dark as your back ones too lol. Looks clean from the pic too.

Archived