S2K Breakdown

kaw21100

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg, are you serious. Lets see you explain what a spark plug and conn. rod are, Mr. Idontknowwheremydipstickis.

frackin retard.

That is soooo frackin stupid, you come in here insulting us and dont know crap yourself, frackk you noob, you dont deserve an s2k, or even a Honda. You deserve a Geo Metro.

Ummm yeah thats the OIL CAP... for filling your engine. The black tab is some kind of vent, if you knew how mechanics worked, you would know that a dipstick cannot be on top of the valve cover unless there is some kind of computer controlled sensor. Honestly guys this motor is like nothing I have ever worked on before and I have built some crazy street machines. You guys really are starting to get ridiculous... I read through all your posts and I saw nothing but stupid questions about whether invidia is better then HKS and no real information is even given to answer their questions. All i see are things like, " i like how my invidia sounds"..etc.etc.. Read through your posts then wonder why someone who is looking for information gets mad. Dont get mad at me because you guys do not realy care to know about your ride.

Secondly, no, no dipstick is under the motor, I said get under and reach my hand up because i thought the last place it might be is between the firewall and the motor. In the upright position of course...

O and btw, my dads E320 does not have a dipstick, its computer controlled.

I am actually praying that that is the oil dipstick, see, my motor came without that black tab, I called honda, and I was told by a service tech that it was a vent for vtec??!. Which made no sense to me but at the same time, any other car I have owned the dipstick was never on top ofthe valve cover for the simple fact of cam placement, then a line would need to be ran through the head, through the block to the bottom of the oil pan (which is very innefficient)

My s2k has all panels off of it, and the interior is in a million pieces trying to get it all backtogether, I am waiting on alot of things to be shipped here and was jsut bored looking to change the oil. Black tab not on car, assumed it was no dipstick, especially the way the hole is... looks nothing like any other car I have every seen.

My apologizes for coming off as rude, I have been working straight getting no sleep. Call me what you will I understand if you are all upset.

But please understand, I read through all this and just saw talking and talking and talking about nothing that had to do with any forms of real trouble shooting, I guess one can look stupid when he asks where a dipstick is, belive me I felt stupid asking but if you had an S2K in the shape mine is, with everything that is missing, youd be suprised too. I was with 4 mechanics looking at this car, nobody knew and I am assuming its because that black tab was not on the car. I bought it as salvaged from an insurance company because it was stolen, hence why random things are missing.

Hey IDIOT.....my dad has an S2000 and I've changed his oil more than I can remember. The black square on the valve cover IS the dipstick (aside from you). Go pull up on it and see if a dipstick comes out. Don't start saying that we are incorrect unless you've tried what we say first. www.s2ki.com .....now go away.

If there isn't a dipstick where the black thing is, then go buy one because your car is going to spray oil everywhere when you're driving.

EDIT: Thank you Hung I tried telling him 1000 times but since im just some dumb person that doesn't know how things work he didn't believe me. And I guess there is some CRAZY computer in the S2000 because the dipstick is def ontop of the valve cover.

Hung, you read the first page of posts, can you blame him? I would have stopped reading the thread about 15 posts ago if I were him. He probably didn't even see that you or chubs answered the question through all the other flaming.

I wouldn't have known where it is myself and I know how to assemble engines. But I think I would have went to napa and bought the manual before asking such a horribly idiotic question as to where the dipstick is. Buy a manual for the car and you'll look 10x smarter.

yah i think we can prob stop flaming him now he appoligized and realized that he asked a dumb question (hopefully), (and that i think i spelled appoligized wrong) but whatever, he prob wont be back now so we dont have to worry about it.

Heh, thx guys, Yes i realized how stupid of a question it was, hence my childish attitude while asking a question, I took defense on something nobody even said to me lol, very foolish and I feel bad for it. I am very new with hondas, not with 4 clyinders however.

I used to have a very dim outlook upon hondas, mainly due to the number of people I know with hondas who are straight up a**holes and seem to think that a 40inch wing on a Del Sol seems to improve with FWD traction.

Anyway, My name is Rob,, I live in Philadelphia, PA, I hope you can forgive my foolishness cause you guys seem to be the exact opposite of everything ive expierenced with "honda" and you all seem to be very friendly.

O, also, I been trying to pick up a shop manual for a little bit now, having trouble finding something worth buying without breaking my wallet, this S2K ran me pretty dry even tho I was able to get such a deal on it.

I know what you mean about the typical honda driver. I get so sick of seeing the nasty body kits and ricer wings that I see almost everyday in our small town. They're the same ones that think a bolt on greddy turbo kit will beat Mustang Cobra's, and already think they can run with about anything else out there. Even I'll admit that my car's slow and I'm faster than any other honda in this area except one.

Anyway, welcome to HondaForums and no hard feelings on my part.

I know what you mean about the typical honda driver. I get so sick of seeing the nasty body kits and ricer wings that I see almost everyday in our small town. They're the same ones that think a bolt on greddy turbo kit will beat Mustang Cobra's, and already think they can run with about anything else out there. Even I'll admit that my car's slow and I'm faster than any other honda in this area except one.

Anyway, welcome to HondaForums and no hard feelings on my part.

Bad thing is .. I had a sohc greddy turbo kitted '92 hatchback run my Cobra when I was off the bottle and..we were side by side to 105. I'm pretty sure he had more than just the turbo.. being as I was sub-13's with my bolt on's on street tires.. Then I sprayed..ended his day nastily.

Football field wins FTMFW.

O, also, I been trying to pick up a shop manual for a little bit now, having trouble finding something worth buying without breaking my wallet, this S2K ran me pretty dry even tho I was able to get such a deal on it.

try to pick up a haynes manual for your car. has a step by step with pics for basically everything

Archived