Took back seats out

wannaBstuntin

+2 for puttin em back, its stupid without imo.

The most improtant issue is I cant get to the back struts with them in. Second the subs are right there so u can see em, and I don't drive more than one person around anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, first of all, seats weight a total of about 20 lbs. Your sub setup probably weighs upwards of 100 lbs. Now, think about this here....

Say you paid $2000 for your subs / amp / wiring / sound dampening etc.....now, say you get an extra 1 - 2 miles per gallon ontop of the 32 you already get by taking out the back seats. That would be a savings of $0.12 / tank..... $2000 / .12 = 240 full tanks to pay for your sub box by removing the back seats. IN ADDITION, you're still 80 lbs heavier than stock.

Is it really worth making your car look like crap to POSSIBLY save the amount of your sub box's cost in gas? Remember, 240 tanks is most likely more than you'll put in by the time you pay off the car!

if you get in a wreck, having them attached to the floor makes the harnesses apply pressure to your shoulders most likely pushing down and breaking your spinal cord.

if you have a roll cage or crossbar, it will hold you back and have you held against your seat.

Don't mount on a c-pillar bar. If there is a side impact, you're screwed.

The only way to properly mount harnesses is on a harness bar that is part of a roll bar or cage.

I would use adjustable seats anyways. A hard impact can break them causing you to hit the steering wheel, or flying out the back window (in a rear first impact).

The proper way to mount seats is with backing plates on the underside of the car, or mounting them directly to the roll cage.

Archived