Took back seats out

wannaBstuntin

I spent the day taking out my back seats finally. Getting all that s*** out of there is hard, especially when you're using not exactly the right tools, and hunched over all day.

I need to find another socket wrench adapter for some of the other bolts, and I don't know how I'm going to get the seatbelts out because the screw on the back of them is right up near the window. Any suggestions on how? Or any suggestions on what I should do with the back now (what other fabric/panels/other mods i can put in there). Nothing heavy though, because that's why I took the seats out in the first place, to balance out the weight from the subs/case/amps. Maybe just paint all the current panels?

DVC00156.jpg

DVC00159.jpg

Thanks guys!

...put them back in.

I don't need them, and I DO need to get rid of some weight with that system back there. I don't race, but I'd like to keep my gas mileage up, and suspension not f***ed up. Besides, I need to be able to get at the adjustable struts. What can I put there instead though? Should I just carpet it?

you could always cut the seat belts

And no, I am taking out the entire assembly....someone on another forum suggested a breaking bar???

you could build a custom fiberglass box to go there (right behind the front seats on floor, carpet the rest) and it would give you a hell of alot more trunk space

Ummm, like the one I already have in the trunk? I don't need 2. And I want to keep the weight down. And I already still have plenty of trunk space. Carpeting will probably be the simplest and most logical, unless someone has an idea that would look better.

take the one out of the trunk and custom make it to fit on the floor behind the seats, then carpet it back to the trunk. more trunk space, you could probly sleep there or even shag there if need be. besides, subs closer to the seats would make you feel the base even more.

you could probly sleep there or even shag there if need be. besides, subs closer to the seats would make you feel the base even more.

Interesting....:thumbsup: , but then how would I even get into the back...it's hard enough now. And what would be the point of fiberglass if its behind the seats and below the back seatline? Not gonna be able to see into either side.

I might be able to set the back up like a makeshift bed though......nah, nah....losing focus here, lol. I got a bed at home for pimpin. I just want the back to be for looks now, not for any practical purpose.

custom make the box so you can look down inside of it with the LEDs not so you can look through it, maybe put a mirror at the bottom of the box. and there are times where you just cant make it to the bedroom and you just need it right then and there. you can get into the back through the trunk. nobody said it had to be a classy way, but its easier than squeezing in between the seats.

you can get into the back through the trunk. nobody said it had to be a classy way, but its easier than squeezing in between the seats.

hahaha I think I'm gonna have to sig that. But no, I'm gonna leave the case there, I just got it set up that way, custom made. I'll plan on carpeting unless I get a better idea soon. And I'll paint all the panels (that are currently off, including doors and dash....grey/black/white?).

yay, ive been sigged. that deserves a drink. ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!

i say paint the panels black. its easy, and it will match the car really well.

I'll drink to that.

Maybe I can do some black and some white? Or is that a bad idea? Maybe Black but put some little white designs on....like this but on the inside

untitled1.jpg

All y'all pretenders with your 4/5 seaters....

If you're not wanting to carpet, then spray it with rustoleum. Looks great. I did that to my trunk and it looks brand new even in my rusty old leaky sol trunk.

it takes me like, 2 minutes to take out my backseat. its like 5 bolts lol.

I took out back seats, 5 panels, seat belts, seat locks, and a few parts of the metal. And I basically had a screwdriver, a hammer, and and adjustable wrench. Bought some more tools today though. Whole wratchet and socket set. Much easier now. :D

Rustoleum? Is that paint? Theres little things sticking out still, so I want to cover it so its cleaner.

I don't need them, and I DO need to get rid of some weight with that system back there. I don't race, but I'd like to keep my gas mileage up, and suspension not f***ed up.

The seats aren't so heavy that you'll increase your MPG, nor save any struts. Put them back in.

Archived