help me

leber008

im new to this stuff and i need help. I have a 96 integra SE and im about to build it. Im not lookin to spend too much money. I want to get it to about 225-250hp and i want to know the best way to do this. My dad wants to me to get vtech heads for it, whats the advantage and whats the cost of this?

Maybe your dad ment a VTEC head, a VTEC head would run you around 300-500 depending on if you want the B16, B18c1 etc.. but even with a VTEC head that isn't going to get you anywhere close to 250WHP, If you are really a broke weiner and dont want to spend any money I would say a cheap way for power is nitrous weird.gif but I HIGHLY recommend NOT getting that. You should learn a little more about motors etc.. first before you want to do anything too serious. If you stick around here for a while you will learn.

Maybe your dad ment a VTEC head, a VTEC head would run you around 300-500 depending on if you want the B16, B18c1 etc.. but even with a VTEC head that isn't going to get you anywhere close to 250WHP, If you are really a broke weiner and dont want to spend any money I would say a cheap way for power is nitrous weird.gif but I HIGHLY recommend NOT getting that. You should learn a little more about motors etc.. first before you want to do anything too serious. If you stick around here for a while you will learn.

i know the vtech alone wont get me 250hp but how much would it increase?

1. VTEC

2. Putting a vtec head on a LS block will not put you anywhere near 235 whp, and will cost you well over $1500 for parts, not including labor.

I just bought a B18C1 (GSR) head, ported, polished, 3-way valve job for $500. I still have to buy many parts including a GSR Water Pump, Timing Belt, Oil Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Cam Shafts, Cam gears, Head Gasket, etc...then I have to take it to my friend when i get all the necessary parts for lsvtec, then an oil line has to be placed in the head, dowels plugged etc...so if you really want 235 whp do this:

JDM H22A

Golden Eagle Sleeved (CIICK ME)

Motor Mounts

Axle's

ECU

Wiring Harnesses

Turbo Kit

+ many many more parts....

Basically, if you want 235 whp, you're gonna have to spend over $5000

edit:

whats the hp increase i should see with the vtec

about 35-45 whp on stock blocks/heads

I keep seeing chubs in your avatar and thinking it's him posting for some reason. I was like, "Why was he just talking to himself?" Good thing it says your name in your sig or I'd be totally confused all the time.

if your only looking for 220 , than do a LSVTEC(vtec head on your engine) , get a set of cams springs/retainers , throw 11.5:1 CR pistons in it with lightweight rods. chip your ecu and get it tuned , youl have 220 .

Archived