poll - i'll just make a new one. to DREW and HF MEMBERS.

mountaindewguy

could we use different or more mods?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. should we get new mods?

• yes, 1 or 2 could be replaced with someone that does more than lock and that is completely active and laid back to members
    • i think they just need to quit acting like our grandparents
    • the mods are fine

this thread is so retarded. mods have a purpose on forums, and honestly some of you guys bitch so much and cry like little girls about everything. who cares if a thread gets locked? get over it.

like CRG said, if the mods dont take action people bitch about it, and then when they do take action, people complain about what they did. i wont say that i havent complained before because sometimes stupid trolls or something have been around for too long in the forums, but whatever. its not like its going to make me upset for the rest of my day. the mods have power for a reason and its not like they sit around and do jack everytime they are on the boards.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont care, i just think some people could do a better job at moderating.. hung would be awesome at moderating because he doesnt seem like he's better than all the other people.

you barely hear anything from ashley and vr is just on his PSP chillin locking threads.

im not sucking up. im just being logical unlike all you idiots.

i have been looking in other threads, but all you do is say "oh this place is going to crapt anyway so whatever". good thinking. your just still mad that you cant do anything and your bitching is bringing you nowhere.

im not hear to argue with you, but honestly dude, just get over it.

im not the one complaining, im just stating my opinion. i really could care less you made another username or whatever. so i dont know what your bringing that up for.

and thats right, you better call me sir.

first of all on this beautilful saturday morning... i mean noon !!

no one should be flaming around here. this is why topics get locked? one of the major reasons, so im asking yal nicely.

ahem.. i dedicate this post to the newbies that joined hf, to the trolls, to the fake trolls, and to the regulars.. yeah.. amen.

:ph34r:

don't say Chris(pa) is all useless posts VR17.

He contributes more positive information, amazing pictures, and is overall much more friendly than you.

Rapperbasher, Xero, etc.... are the ones making useless, stupid posts.

i never did say all usless post, i meant to put him in as an example, i didnt mean to bash, flame or whatever, alot of users do it. but i sincerly apologize.o:)

i just know it was bull junk when i got warned for making a new username and all my stuff is always locked. i was just startin up a new little fun here. mods have too much power and think they are everything.

okay.. if your gonna make anoter one like that, and mess around screwing with other users here and there.. i think not knowing its "really you" we would ban the "troll" by ip, and it would probaly affect you by ip, your real account, remember us not knowing its you!

who cares.. it'll be locked in an hour.

oh its been longer then an hour, am i power hungry to lock this thread? no, you still dont get it do you? read the first 1-2 pages and maybe youl understand why we lock or delete. again if you do read, if you know how, youl understand!! yes, others complain with the same issue in this topic.

who do you guys think i am, santa claus, i mean you guys comment or complain about this and that, and we have to make it all better now so you can sleep well?

Wow, looks like a lot has happened in the ONE day I was gone. I have mixed feelings about this, but am not going to worry about it. Threads like this and people complaining are the reason Hung left for a while, Sexy is gone, SolLes has stopped coming on all the time, everyone is pissed at eah other and it is over the same stupid reason.

Up to four pages, damn.

First, Billy. We haven't really had a problem with the alter ego of EH6 (I think it's him) when he played around on Hung's old B16VTEC name. Then again, the posts were few and far between. Had you been bored, created another account and made one or two posts to pass the time, then it could have ended up differently. You are not the only one at fault in this matter of the "noob" account, as all of the mods know by the IP addresses that the posts were showing. This isn't about finger pointing, so if the other user wants to let it be known that he also posted on the account, then so be it. If not, who cares, it will just die a little faster that way. Anyway, back to what I was saying (which I believe I've already mentioned in this or the other thread), the account was used (and successful) for riling up some of the regulars and maybe some noobs. Again, perhaps it could have been forgiveable had it been one or two posts "haha, fun's over", but the account was used to post in threads outside of the GD forum, threads that were on-topic and are now off-topic because of those posts. Bottom line, there were just way too many posts from that account from that time, and it resulted in reported posts, riled up members, and a discussion in the moderator's forum.

Once again, to whoever it was that posted about my not posting: First thing I do when I come on the forum (when I don't have reported posts to take care of, or any other concerns in my PM inbox) is to visit the moderator's forum. When that's finished, I move on to the "View new posts" and go thread by thread, post by post until there are none left to go through. A lot of times, this can take up all of the time I have to be on the forum for that period of time. This has nothing to do with how much time I spend on the forum, as I am usually checking on the forum periodically during the day M-F (weekends are occasional, but most activity occurs M-F regardless). Just because I do not post does not mean that I am not on here checking on what's going on, and taking care of whatever needs to be taken care of.

On a final note, I applaud the members who are able to understand the work the moderating team goes through to keep the board running as smooth as possible. There are a handful, and you know who you are, that are able to deal with the actions we take without whining and crying about it. Some of you even surprise me with it sometimes lol.:thumbsup:

If this is about my other account, I only made it originally to make 1 post about how people before had stolen sigs and avatars, it said "How's this for identity theft." The other day the only reason i logged on to use it was because we were having trouble with the forum and this username would not only tell me about search flood control, bu it said post flood control was enabled and I could not post. I basically live on here, and I cant stand not being able to post.

If this is about my other account, I only made it originally to make 1 post about how people before had stolen sigs and avatars, it said "How's this for identity theft." The other day the only reason i logged on to use it was because we were having trouble with the forum and this username would not only tell me about search flood control, bu it said post flood control was enabled and I could not post. I basically live on here, and I cant stand not being able to post.

You're not in "trouble" for the account. I was just comparing the usage of the two so he could see that it isn't favoritism or anything like that. One was/is hardly used and as far as I recall was never "maliciously" used. The noob account went past the line of being a funny joke, and we needed to put an end to it before more and more multiple accounts started popping up.

don't say Chris(pa) is all useless posts VR17.

He contributes more positive information, amazing pictures, and is overall much more friendly than you.

Rapperbasher, Xero, etc.... are the ones making useless, stupid posts.

Do you all really think i make "useless, stupid posts."? I usually am one of the few ppl answering noob questions.

Do you all really think i make "useless, stupid posts."? I usually am one of the few ppl answering noob questions.
i never said that.. again a useless stupid post, would be something off topic or non releted post, like you could be talking about spongebob squarepants smoking underwater weeds for example.

i never said that.. again a useless stupid post, would be something off topic or non releted post, like you could be talking about spongebob squarepants smoking underwater weeds for example.

• 2 months later...

Archived