98 eclispe gst OR 94 Civic Ex

hondaEX94

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok...first off..i believe if you turbo a civic..and put i/h/e...and ran against a gst with i/h/e..the civic would with..also..alot of people do upgrade the t25 to a big 16g..which is found on the evo's.. the gst and civic are both great cars...this is my first car...ok..the civic is the better choice..it is stylish reliable..and fun to skoot around ..i dont' plan on racing ..not yet..because if i were to race..i wouldn't race until i am confident in my car..which means at least a couple thousand has been put into it..maby in a couple years i will trade my civic and get a car that was ment to be raced ..and then when i see a gst i will f*cking own the crap oout of it..cuz compared to other tuner cars..the gst isn't that good..

Well said, that's all i wanted to hear, it's not for racing!

When the eclipse was being built they're whole intention was sorrounded for speed from the suspension to the the engine 4g63 to the turbo this is considered a genuine sports car for racing.

When the civic was being built they're intentions were for a gas saving economical car and family car sedans, they're not even considered sports cars.

Im not bashing hondas im bashing the "ppl" who consider a civic a sports car and use them for racing they're posers to the racing community. And i dont own a crx i used to ,but i use this site for mechanical reasons cause my gf has a civic. which i think is a great car to have

truth hurts i know....lol

When the eclipse was being built they're whole intention was sorrounded for speed from the suspension to the the engine 4g63 to the turbo this is considered a genuine sports car for racing.

When the civic was being built they're intentions were for a gas saving economical car and family car sedans, they're not even considered sports cars.

Im not bashing hondas im bashing the "ppl" who consider a civic a sports car and use them for racing they're posers to the racing community. And i dont own a crx i used to ,but i use this site for mechanical reasons cause my gf has a civic. which i think is a great car to have

well i dissagree with you when your saying ppl who mod civics are posers. because, it doesnt take as much money as your talking about to mod a civic to keep up with a turbo eclipse. while your car is turbo, you still have to remember its turbo'd with 210 hp, with a not so great turbo setup to begin with (stock). the ppl who got the civics knew that if they put some mods on their civic, they can take that eclipse, and still have a fairly reliable platform, that was easy to work on, and light weight. the only thing keeping the civic from sports car status is the fact that its underpowered, and its suspension wasnt necessarily that great, but still okay nonetheless. remember, your making it sound like the eclipse is the greatest sports car of all time. but remember, the eclipse was designed for people on a budget as well. the eclipse was probably butt loads of money when it came out, but its worth about the same as the civc is if not less, and its supposed to be the superior car. the honda will retain its value, and is for smart buyers. and i will end my statement with, yes the eclipse is faster out of the box, but when you start putting money in it, and your making 4 and 5 hundred whp on your eclipse and 4 or 5 hundred whp on your civic, the civic will win, and it will be a more reliable car, and will out live the eclipse by far.

the only eclipse based around speed was the 1g. the 2g was based around getting the female eye and to appeal to the youth. the 3g was to try and bring back the race inspiration and still keep the appeal of the younger crowd and that didn't work. y do u think the 4g looks the way it does to "TRY" and get back into a race theme, and get the appeal from the younger crowd.

now how much have u seen the civic change to try and catch the attention? from 92-present they have changed to much from the year before. just a few changes in body lines and a little bit more tuned motor.

well i dissagree with you when your saying ppl who mod civics are posers. because, it doesnt take as much money as your talking about to mod a civic to keep up with a turbo eclipse. while your car is turbo, you still have to remember its turbo'd with 210 hp, with a not so great turbo setup to begin with (stock). the ppl who got the civics knew that if they put some mods on their civic, they can take that eclipse, and still have a fairly reliable platform, that was easy to work on, and light weight. the only thing keeping the civic from sports car status is the fact that its underpowered, and its suspension wasnt necessarily that great, but still okay nonetheless. remember, your making it sound like the eclipse is the greatest sports car of all time. but remember, the eclipse was designed for people on a budget as well. the eclipse was probably butt loads of money when it came out, but its worth about the same as the civc is if not less, and its supposed to be the superior car. the honda will retain its value, and is for smart buyers. and i will end my statement with, yes the eclipse is faster out of the box, but when you start putting money in it, and your making 4 and 5 hundred whp on your eclipse and 4 or 5 hundred whp on your civic, the civic will win, and it will be a more reliable car, and will out live the eclipse by far.

well said..well said..thats what i've been trying to get at lol

sorry just getting in on this but i have a friend that has a gs that we turboed and the handling on those cars is not built for racing and i seen a 127 hp ex 94 civic beat a stock 140 hp gs eclipse, it was a close race but the civic took it now turbo setup either one lets just say gst vs a civic boosting 8 psi on stock internals with no intercooler the civic would win hands down just cause its a lighter car and the suspension on a civic is far superior. i have a gsr integra and i raced a gst and i stayed right behind the gst and i have no performance mods at the moment. so come on tho underpowered the civic pwns the eclipse anyday

Archived