good question about parts in LSVTEC

again, getting ready to finalize my LSVTEC.

OBD2 block and head, head is a GSR.

question is, which OBD should i get for the following parts:

distributor

starter

water pump (if it matters)

oil pump(if it matters)

vtec solenoid

power steering (in case i decide to use it)

A/C pump (can't live without it)

Alternator

will be running a phearable.net p28 (OBD1) ECU.

also, lets say i leave PS out but keep AC, what size engine belt do i use?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OBD-1 B16 cylinder head: valve cover, intake manifold, VTEC solenoid assembly and internals

· VTEC ECU(P28 w/ home-made re-wire lol)

· VTEC B-series distributor

· '90-'01 Integra LS head gasket

· '94-'01 Integra GS-R head bolts

· '94-'01 Integra GS-R water pump

· '94-'01 Integra GS-R timing belt

· '94-'01 Integra GS-R knock sensor

· -4 steel braided hose with female ends, 22 inches in length

· 1/8-inch NPT female to 1/8-inch NPT female to 1/8-inch BSPT male on run pipe tee

· 1/8-inch NPT male to -4 male straight adaptor

· 3/8-inch NPT male to -4 male straight adaptor

· 1/8-inch internal pipe plug

· 1/8-inch NPT pipe tap

· 3/8-inch NPT pipe tap

· 14mm drill bit

· 10.9mm drill bit

· 12mmx1.25mm tap

that's my parts list....i have more than you....hmmmm

OBD-1 B16 cylinder head: valve cover, intake manifold, VTEC solenoid assembly and internals

· VTEC ECU(P28 w/ home-made re-wire lol)

· VTEC B-series distributor

· '90-'01 Integra LS head gasket

· '94-'01 Integra GS-R head bolts

· '94-'01 Integra GS-R water pump

· '94-'01 Integra GS-R timing belt

· '94-'01 Integra GS-R knock sensor

· -4 steel braided hose with female ends, 22 inches in length

· 1/8-inch NPT female to 1/8-inch NPT female to 1/8-inch BSPT male on run pipe tee

· 1/8-inch NPT male to -4 male straight adaptor

· 3/8-inch NPT male to -4 male straight adaptor

· 1/8-inch internal pipe plug

· 1/8-inch NPT pipe tap

· 3/8-inch NPT pipe tap

· 14mm drill bit

· 10.9mm drill bit

· 12mmx1.25mm tap

that's my parts list....i have more than you....hmmmm

lol got everything but a tranny and head don't ya, dan?

haha and he included the drill bit.

mtndwduuuuude- ha i just started about 2 days ago...remember i was gonna do that H22 bull shiat? EFF that, ls vtec.

and Harry-the trans is first, that's coming in the mail...

then i'm buying the b16 head, then parts with every paycheck till i have them all, which should be around december...i think i want a Greddy timing belt instead of a GSR.

again, getting ready to finalize my LSVTEC.

OBD2 block and head, head is a GSR.

question is, which OBD should i get for the following parts:

distributor

starter

water pump (if it matters)

oil pump(if it matters)

vtec solenoid

power steering (in case i decide to use it)

A/C pump (can't live without it)

Alternator

will be running a phearable.net p28 (OBD1) ECU.

also, lets say i leave PS out but keep AC, what size engine belt do i use?

OBD2 Distributor. Starter doesn't matter. Nothing else other than the distributor matters.

do yourself a favor and stay with all obd1 parts for that ecu. not only is obd2a pinouts different than obd1 on the dizzy. obd2b is different pinouts than obd2a. so either stick with obd1(which will make it plug and play) , or get obd2 and rewire a few things. you cant even put a 99 teg dizzy on a 98. wont work.

do yourself a favor and stay with all obd1 parts for that ecu. not only is obd2a pinouts different than obd1 on the dizzy. obd2b is different pinouts than obd2a. so either stick with obd1(which will make it plug and play) , or get obd2 and rewire a few things. you cant even put a 99 teg dizzy on a 98. wont work.

vs.

It doesn't matter with distributor. Just get A distributor.

=

Contradicting.

I think he'll be very confused when he sees that....

I'm sticking with my answer.

The OBD matters, but it isn't going to not work because he got the wrong one. I honestly say whichever one you can get, get. I honestly don't think it is going to make a difference either way. I have seen both being used.

the dizzys arent wired the same trust me. the dizzys will bolt to any head yes but they wont plug in and work without repinning them. but solles is right , any B series dizzy will bolt to any B series head. but if your gonna run a complete obd1 setup , than get an obd1 dizzy and save yourself the troubles. try and get the dizzy out of the car that would have ran with the ecu your getting , if you can.make life even easier. but solles is right , you can use any one of them , just needs to be repinned.

my SOHC vtec harness is OBD1 also...?

do you mean your gonna try and use a sohc engine harness to run this B engine or lsvtec? if this is the case , dont man. just get yourself an obd1 integra wiring harness , doesnt have to be vtec , you can add those wires yourself , this way you dont need a conversion harness or any rats nest of wires , will be like factory. just makes life easier. for example , we have a uberdata chipped ecu running my buddys B18B1 in a civic. we used the civic harness with a conversion harness. few things arent the same and pain in the ass to work out and fight with , for no reason. we had to unplug his purge solenoid just to get the car to idle properly(cause of the differences). just trying to save you trouble dude. and for solles saying anyone doesnt matter for dizzys , heres an example on that. same car , 96 civic with conversion harness , and B18B1 swap. well it was making some noise(clatter like a bad valve) from under the valve cover right by the dizzy , i thought it might have been a worn bearing or something. so we took my cousins dizzy off his 99 teg(all stock) and put it on this 96 civic thats running obd1 , but an obd2 engine(B18B1) , and it wouldnt even start. sounded like timing was off we didnt try again. spitted and sputtered a little. so theres an example.

ok here's the deal. and i'm only doing it the easy way. i'm not gonna splice a harness ora nything.

to get an answer, here is it. i am using a p28 ECU from phearable.net, not from a junkyard.

i'm using my civics harness, because i've been told that it will work by a million people.

SO.

what dizzy will plug right into the civic harness AND work well with the engine?

also, the civic OBD1 harness SOHC or not, will plug right into the lsvtec, wont it? thats what i've been told. and the only thing i'll need is the jumper harness to the ECU, right?

no read Cranny's really long post.

use an OBD1 DOHC dizzy w/ your Phearable.net P28 ecu.

I'm pretty sure you'll need a conversion harness made though since P28 is from a SOHC engine....nothings ever easy....lolz

fuk my bad dew , i did fuk up there a bit. 90 got it though , obd1 DOHC dizzy with your obd1 p28. your civic harness will work , just more complicated , trust me ive been there.

what dizzy will plug right into the civic harness AND work well with the engine?

like solles told you , any one of them. there all the same , just pinned differently as i said. theres different conversion harnesses , im not sure of the year of all your parts , you say obd2 block and head , which obd2 , a or b?. what car is this going in again dew , lol. 96-00 civic isnt it? i dont know why you put yourself through this crap , just get a teg harness and do it right. conversion harnesses = halfass way of doing it.

will a teg harness plug right into the p28? wondering cause its SOHC ECU.

i have a 98 GSR head, 97 LS block.

so, get the OBD1 dizzy, to go with the ECU,

teg harness

now, do i get an OBD1 or 2 harness, or does it matter?

and will the dizzy plug right into the harness?

OR

could i get the teg harness (obd2)

obd2 head

obd2 block

obd1 ECU

and just get the conversion harness to plug into the ECU?

everyone in the past has told me my SOHC vtec harness will do just fine.

f*ck.

Archived