good question about parts in LSVTEC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
will a teg harness plug right into the p28? wondering cause its SOHC ECU.

i have a 98 GSR head, 97 LS block.

so, get the OBD1 dizzy, to go with the ECU,

teg harness

now, do i get an OBD1 or 2 harness, or does it matter?

and will the dizzy plug right into the harness?

OR

could i get the teg harness (obd2)

obd2 head

obd2 block

obd1 ECU

and just get the conversion harness to plug into the ECU?

everyone in the past has told me my SOHC vtec harness will do just fine.

f*ck.

get ALL obd1 parts so it goes with your ecu. the dizzy doesn't matter but get it with the car you are getting the ecu from so its easy.

get the obd1 wiring harness

get a conversion harness regardless of a half ass job, its easier and waaaaaaaayyyyyy less complicated.

SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG

and for the record, EVERYTHING IS OBD2A. (HEAD, BLOCK)

CAR is 95 civic, OBD1

ECU, is p28 OBD1 ECU from SOHC

harness is OBD1 vtec from SOHC

now, what dizzy do i use, thats it

and since i'm using the civic harness, do i need the jumper harness

ORRRRR

if i use a teg harness (obd2) do i just need a jumper harness for the ECU?

the way i figure it, i get a b series OBD2 dizzy (OBD2A) and a teg harness, and get a jumper harness.

or just use my civic harness and don't use a jumper harness.

from here on out, unless you know exactly what you're doing. don't post.

cranny, solles, ring in lol.

and all answers from here on out are in stupid english lol

ok so what you need is a teg harness , a conversion harness to make the teg engine harness fit the P28 ecu. this is easiest way in my opinion.

orrrr , you can find out what wires are what in your car now(the pinouts) , and cut the plugs off your existing engine harness and hardwire them to thier proper places on the teg plugs(cut out of a tegs engine harness) which youl also need , for this anyways. pain in the ass but really the proper way of doing it.

orrr , you could leave your harness in there , still get a conversion harness to plug an obd1 ecu(your P28) into your obd2a harness(existing harness) , and have a few things to work out.

orrrr , lol , naa thats it.

don't threadjack.

i'm not installing EVERYTHING myself, but i'm not taking it to a shop either. my cousin and this local kid that knows this stuff is helping me, but i can't get a hold of him cause he's out of state.

i think i'll just get the OBD2 harness, OBD2 dizzy, the p28 ECU, and the jumper harness.

do i need the vtec harness? sounds like a dumb question but everyone just says integra harness.

you got er , your existing harness , a conversion harness to plug your P28 into an obd2 harness , and an obd2 dizzy cause your using your existing harness which is obd2. make sure you get the same obd2 though be it a or b. i bet any money youl have to unplug your EVAP purge control solenoid.

you got er , your existing harness , a conversion harness to plug your P28 into an obd2 harness , and an obd2 dizzy cause your using your existing harness which is obd2. make sure you get the same obd2 though be it a or b. i bet any money youl have to unplug your EVAP purge control solenoid.

i don't have an OBD2 harness... my civic harness is OBD1.

why do i need my current harness plus an obd2 harness?

honestly dude , i asked you like 2 times what fukin car we are talking about and you didnt tell me , thats why i kept saying 96-00 civic. WHAT YEAR CIVIC DUDE , for the last time. your saying its a 92-95 gen civic? no wonder your all fuked up , post all the info dude so than theres no comfusion , all this time your asking us what gear to use , and never once did you post what car it is , lol. if the car is obd1 civic than you should know dam well the P28 will plug right into the car , no problem. all the jumper or conversion harness does , is rearrange your ecu's pinouts without cutting a wire.

Archived