Question

What do you all think. Honest opinions.

I am changing my brakes this week or next week because the pads are getting old. I already have the pads from AutoZone, and scored a great deal on some Brembo Drilled Rotors and new drums for the back from a buddy of mine. I know they don't do anything really, but they look good. Anyway, back to the question, for my calipers, I was going to paint them. Of course it would be done well, not like some of those crapty cars you see having them done.

Should I paint them flat black, gloss black, or have the guy who painted my car spray them? Or some other color? I just don't want red. Opinions ?

I wouldn't paint then but if you do decide to, there are special paint that can hold up with the heat and won't fade or chip off. also, did you chec to see if the rotors clear your wheels?

You prob will get more responses in the wheels and tire section.

If you dont paint them flat black, the brake dust will do it for you.

Ok actually, I wouldnt paint them, you cant really see passed your wheels anyway, and Im not a fan of showing off stock brake parts.

i painted my calipers and drums black...i had them red before but i had A LOT of trouble keeping them clean...i used a high-heat semi-gloss black and it still came out glossy as hell. but they look good when everything else is glossy. btw, those wheels are going out the door by wednesday (hopefully)

IMG_0166.jpg

I think that looks horrible (no offense).

haha...none taken lol. i've heard you talk about really nice looking drums. what would these look like? just wondering, i haven't really seen a NICE looking drum...they're just kind of plain. that's why a didn't want to draw attention to them, so black. what do they look like now on your car?

ill tell ya B16B , another good cleaning up tip , get yourself some black rubberized ashphalt undercoating , mask your struts , and do your inner wheel wells , makes the car look new again when its clean. plus it keeps it from rusting. and by the way , lol , why black dude?

I think the best color for the drums would be the color clean. I would probably have just used a degreaser and a brush and cleaned them up really nice. If I was forced to paint them, I think a light silver would have made them blend in better than black.

i think you should have the calipers powder-coated to match your E-blue, then do a drum-caliper conversion in the rear and paint them e-blue.

my friend painted his stock srt-4 calipers to match his car and it looks really good...a lot better then the stock red calipers.

Teflon protection is a joke 99.9% of the time. However you may be correct in this aspect. The teflon car care products are a joke because teflon has to be heated pretty high to bake into the surface it's used on. Since brakes get pretty hot, teflon coating might actually work on them.

Archived