single cam N/A build

Sounds like crap.

Toss the rods if you ground material off them.

Toss the pistons if you cut the skirts off.

Post the flowsheet from the head. If you don't have one, toss the head.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK so you want speedy daily SOAK. heres what you do. scratch the over 10k budget, plus scratch the NA set up. spent about 3 maybe 5 k on turbo kit and change your oil regularly. craps and giggles all day.

OOOOOOR you could just stop being foolish and spend 3.5k on a B18C1 and simple tell everyone it's a SOAK. the end. just dont pop your hood. WOoT! :dry:

im not being foolinsh, its a purpose built car. i dont want a dual cam thats y im staying single. if i wanted to just throw a gsr in my rex id be done with it by now. being foolish would be lying about what motor i have. having a single cam that can blow away most dual cams is more impressive then a typical swap that alot of people already have, or lying about it.

its not going to be a daily driver. i just wanted dependable power that could make in a daily driver senario.

I have actually changed my mind on the N/A setup. Im going with a D16Z6, ARP studs, walbro 255 HP pump, 550CC HI RC injectors maybe 750, custom full-race turbo setup, hondata s300, turboxs boost controller, Quaife LSD and steering kit, full-race traction bar, competition stage 4 clutch. thats what Im buying new, the rest of mods im doing i already have. at the very least ill be at 300HP on a street setup.

k in my motor i had stock crank and rods ( grounded the weights down on the rods and balanced em) i cut the skirts on DOHC zc pistions and shoved em in my motor.... ported polished the head zex cam, i forget what company for valves,springs, and retianers, match ported my inttake with a DC header...

Not beind mean, but if you had ZC pistons, you wouldn't have to shave the skirts off of them to fit in the Z6. And you said your compression was over 14? Yeah right. Unless you milled the hell out of the head, your compression was in the 12's. Which IS runnable on a great tune on Hondata/AEM. Zex cam doesn't make good NA power. Sorry man, but that isn't a good NA D setup.

lol, I'd smoke your ass with my setup as is.

What is the purpose of the Quaife steering rack?

Please explain the cusotm part of the Full-Race kit.

whats your "setup"

why do people have to hate? i state a simple project and people think they can smoke me with out meeting me, and the car isnt even built yet, and by the time its actually complete(alot more work then what ive said) its purpose in a quarter is flat 11s... im not building it to race you, im building what i said above to start with, and thats the bare minimum of what i expect, without the other mods i already have for it.

the purpose of the steering is personal prefrence, because i want it.

the custom part is just upgraded parts from the original kit. not like im paying them to make me something extremely special, yet.

btw, a stock d16z6 with a full race stage 1 GT kit runs 12.2's all day. not bad for turbo and studs being the only mods.

Because it will suck from what you posted about it.

So you want it to steer like a Cadillac with a bad PS pump and flat tires with a 500 pound woman sitting on the front?

That rack is made for raod racing...

Upgrading parts like what?

Because it will suck from what you posted about it.

So you want it to steer like a Cadillac with a bad PS pump and flat tires with a 500 pound woman sitting on the front?

That rack is made for raod racing...

Upgrading parts like what?

wow E-thug ur lame.

what sucks about it? the fact that you dont like it... who cares its not your car, get over yourself. ive seen the setup i mentioned and its a fast ass car and its stock. the steering is not at all like that with the rack cuz its a crx, light as hell and for the times i happen to drive the thing on the road or a track witch i do plan on. it will come in handy. and for a strip what does it matter, im going in a straight line and wont need to correct myself anyways. for the turbo im starting out with a stage 1 kit, not the gt cuz i want the bigger turbo and im getting a manifolg with the dual WG flanges for a faster spool on the bigger turbo. after i get worn out on that im goin to get the stage 3 B series kit but obviously to fit a D, and getting a bigger intercooler, different manifold.

lol

It sucks because its bullcrap and the tings you are going to do will kill the reliability. Don't say your not worried about reliability otherwise it would be 15:1 with a bigass cam and methanol. The steering is like that, doesn't matter what car its in. I've driven a hatch with one and it sucked in the hot pits.

Explain the dual WG manifold. They aren't offered for the D and unless they do one by hand, cannot be done as FR manifolds are robotically welded. Amount of WG's doesn't affect spool, the engine itself and the turbo do.

lol

It sucks because its bullcrap and the tings you are going to do will kill the reliability. Don't say your not worried about reliability otherwise it would be 15:1 with a bigass cam and methanol. The steering is like that, doesn't matter what car its in. I've driven a hatch with one and it sucked in the hot pits.

Explain the dual WG manifold. They aren't offered for the D and unless they do one by hand, cannot be done as FR manifolds are robotically welded. Amount of WG's doesn't affect spool, the engine itself and the turbo do.

well i like the steering, nothin more to it wether u like it or not, i do so im probably going to get it. and reliability isnt a huge deal when i can buy a new motor for 500 or less.

I know most of everything they make is robotically welded, i dont understand what your getting at there. it would be custom made which they do custom jobs all the time. the dual WG is prefrence just because ive seen the results from the prostreet manifold to the dual WG manifold and the spool is alot sooner and does add alot of bottom end power. obviously the motor and turbo are the main factors of how soon its going to spool but the divided WGs help alot. its not like im just adding a crap load of WGs thinking im adding power. i could just get one 50mm WG but that would be pointless with the stage 1 or 2.

anyways, you dont know that it would suck cuz i didnt even list all of what i planned in that setup, i said the rest of the mods i already have and didnt mention any of them. and you can see i changed my mind from N/A to turbo, so nothing is written in stone. whne its complete ill let you know and we can go ahead and race or something since youll beat me with your setup as is.

It doesn't, he's just a 13 year old acting old online.

"k in my motor i had stock crank and rods ( grounded the weights down on the rods and balanced em) i cut the skirts on DOHC zc pistions and shoved em in my motor.... ported polished the head zex cam, i forget what company for valves,springs, and retianers, match ported my inttake with a DC header..."

Thats how I know it sucks.

Why did you cut the rods and take off the skirts.

What did you do the the bowl?

It doesn't, he's just a 13 year old acting old online.

"k in my motor i had stock crank and rods ( grounded the weights down on the rods and balanced em) i cut the skirts on DOHC zc pistions and shoved em in my motor.... ported polished the head zex cam, i forget what company for valves,springs, and retianers, match ported my inttake with a DC header..."

Thats how I know it sucks.

Why did you cut the rods and take off the skirts.

What did you do the the bowl?

nobodys markin crap on anything, hes wrong.

hahahaha and this proves what a dumb ass SSR is, ive never posted that. ive never had a zex cam or ground any rods or anything in that quote, your thinking of some douch bag that tried telling you that you were wrong about something else, i remember reading that post.

my bottom end in my zc is stock and i have a single cam, skunk2 valvetrain, port matched and polished intake mani, unknown cam supposedly stage 2 bought it off some guy but its is a pretty bad ass cam. AEM intake, cam gear, pulleys, fuel rail, FPR, Dc sports header, dynomax 2 3/4 header back custom made exhaust, Mugen chipped p28 ecu, act stage 2 clutch, and lightened flywheel.

and again, not paying attention, i said i was going to buy a STOCK D16Z6 for the turbo. so no matter what my setup is now, it has no effect on the turbo cuz its going to be a completely different motor.

as for the WG thing i never said more WGs makes spool faster, the manifold Im talking about does though. ask the guys at full-race and give them crap, its their product not mine, i just plan on getting it. and pay attention to who you quote cuz you made me laugh trying to point that crap out as me. go back and find where you got that from, I guarantee its not me, then you can feel like an even bigger ass.

and a thirteen year old doesnt go to college and own his own house which i do.

Yeah, that was someone elses setup.

You make more power than me, but I have you outgeared x2. And I can drive better than you.

I'm a dealer for Full-Race dipcrap.

Archived