Color For S2000?

..SSR..

What color should I paint my S2000?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What color should I paint my S2000?

• stock Berlina black?
    • Berlina black w/Chromaflair "rainbow oil" pigment coat?
    • Candy apple red?

are you repainting it because there was body damage and it needs it or just to repaint it? if you're only doing it to repaint it, i'd say definately DON'T do it. no matter what, the paint will never be as good a quality as the original paint job. since it's such a new car, it's not worth it.

I guess I'm going to go with Kandy apple red.  No, it's notmessed up, it's a brand new car.  I just don't want it in a color that other people have.

ugh, horrible idea, but hey, i'm not the one making the decision. if you wanted a color no one really has, why didn't you just by the car in suzuka blue pearl? rare color and gorgeous on the car :nod: but ahh well.

regardless, i think red looks horrible on s2ks... err, on most any car for that matter, but especially horrible on s2ks, but again... heh.

On the couple S2000 forums I belong to, lots of people have suzuka blue, there is one in town in that color already........I want to stand out from other S2000's.

On the couple S2000 forums I belong to, lots of people have suzuka blue, there is one in town in that color already........I want to stand out from other S2000's.

umm, yeah, of course there's going to be other owners of a stock color s2k on s2k forums :rolleyes: the point is that you shouldn't ruin the stock paint job on a new(er) car unless you have to. but whatever.

royal sapphire blue is not the same as suzuka blue... royal sapphire blue is a jdm supra color i'd say MAYBE 5-10 ppl have it in the country, so yeah other then custom mixing a color thats as rare as it comes

dude...if you want a color that nobody has then don't get kandy apple red. everybody and their mamma has that color!

:nod:

also, regardless of whether no one has it on their s2k now (which is probably due to the reasoning i've been providing on how you should wait until there's damage before repainting a stock paint job, for those that are aware of it at least), when repainting s2ks becomes the thing to do, you'll see it all over :crazy:

Why leave it the stock color? The stock colors are boring. About that supra blue color, it might not be the same thing, but there is a Sebring in town that is the exact same color.

I wanted to get a White S2000 but the 03 models only come with TAN interior. That's a disgrace IMO. SOOO, instead of just settling for black or any other color I decided not to get a S2000...sucks.

Not big on red S2s...so in the end black. To each their own on painting their car tho. IMO, black is black. Doesn't matter if it sparkles or not.

I wanted to get a White S2000 but the 03 models only come with TAN interior. That's a disgrace IMO. SOOO, instead of just settling for black or any other color I decided not to get a S2000...sucks.

Not big on red S2s...so in the end black. To each their own on painting their car tho. IMO, black is black. Doesn't matter if it sparkles or not.

exactly... if you really want to paint your car though, just add a pearl coat to it. you won't ruin the quality of the original paint job and it won't be "stock".

its going to be impossible to find a color no one else has, someone somewhere has any color you can possibly imagine.. mmm top secret gold http://store3.yimg.com/I/jspec_1693_44010092

exactly. my sol color was completely customized by my bro and my friend for me, so i was almost guaranteed that no one else would have that color, especially on a del sol, how rare would that be? anyway, we go to this car show we attend every year, last year, and what's there? a del sol the same custom color as mine.

crazy paint jobs aren't the only things that win shows. you have to set yourself apart from the other cars by paying attention to the fine details that the others might miss.

exactly, just because you have a crazy or original paint job doesn't mean your going to win a show. while it does set off the car to a lot of people, it doesn't appeal to everybody. if i were a judge at a show, and you spendt 10k+ on a paint job i would probably be like "so what?"

but its your car. and if you want my opinion (which you don't) then i say go with that royal saphire pearl...its beautiful :wub:

Archived