b16a1 ----- b16a2 ?????????

skateelements16

The b16a3 is stock in the VTEC sol. Dunno what's different about the a1 and a2. Did you search before you posted that question? I'm pretty sure I saw it mentioned like, yesterday.

Normally, but not in this case. The 99-00 SI came with the A2. The 94-97 Sol came with the A3.

No difference in HP or TQ; however, I noticed the sol's redline goes to the full 8200 the motor revs to, while the SI only goes to 8000.

They are both the same motors, but your motor is OBD-2.

i thought B16A3(obd1) was only in 94-95 delsol vtec . no difference between the engines other than year and on board diognostic setup. delsols only sold from 92-95 didnt they , didnt know there was a 96 and 97 sol. might be one of those canada , usa things again.

Not very often that a noob is right and the regs are wrong, but ^^ is right. 96 everything changed to OBD-2 so the 96-97 Del Sol's had a B16A2 and the 94-95 had the B16A3. All B16A3's are OBD-1 so they couldn't have been offered in 96-97 since cars were required to run OBD-2 those years.

Edit: Okay Eg2 Sol is not completely right. The B16A2 is a USDM motor not JDM. JDM motor is B16A with no numbers.

Archived