Differnece between 17" and 17x7.5"

+1. if you got a civic or integra , stay away from anything more than 7 inch wide wheels. unless your gonna wide body your ride and offset your wheels.

+1. if you got a civic or integra , stay away from anything more than 7 inch wide wheels. unless your gonna wide body your ride and offset your wheels.

but it will be fine on a prelude right? and what is it that makes some cars look like they have huge tires even though they are only like 17's? It makes the car look taller as well?

Haha, ok.

You're right, I don't know anything.

If anyone has any questions, please PM JDMHamster because he a very and I mean very vast amount of knowledge. Also, for all of the latest cool JDM styles and trends, PM JDMHamster.

When you want a right answer, ask me.

WOW i never knew how much of an asswad you were...Here we go again in a different post, like i said before SolLes find in a post where i said that i knew everything and I'll leave willingly, you wont because your a tool who trys to bring people down... I'm not trying to get warned again because of you so I'll be the bigger man and leave it at that...

You didn't have to flat out say "I know everything" ... it's jsut how you argue with people. You post responses as if you actually knew what you were talking about.

Haha, poor baby, doesn't want to get warned. Quit crying and grow up. You make yourself look like such a douche here. I like everyone on here, but you.

17x7.5's fit on honda's perfectly...

and the 7.5 is the width on the wheel/tire...

To clarify. 7.5 is the width of the wheel, not the tire. The tire's width is measured in mm and can be changed on the same width of wheel. Also not all 205's have the same tread width. Each model of tire will be a little different. My Yokahama's have a wider tread area than the Sumitomo's I used to run but both are 205/40/17's.

Dude, did you have to use those shady-ass plastic things to measure the width of the rim? I had to use those at my old job whenever I was balancing wheels and I never thought they seemed that accurate.

Wrong, I disagree. 17x7 is a much better fitment.

Trust me.

Lets see here where to start...17x7's are a good fit but its mainly in opinion...I have seen plenty of 17x7.5's and there is no rubbing or problems with the wheel width...I have read in the Civic Duty book that 17x7.5's are the best wheel to put on your car...Please tell me how a 17x7 is better than a 17x7.5...

Unless you are running a tire that's too wide to run on a 17x7, then a 17x7.5 is rather pointless. You're only going to be wide as the contact patch on the tire, so if you run a 215/40 on a 17x7 then your tire won't be wider by using a 215/40 on a 7.5" wheel.

Archived