just wondering?

do you all usually just buy coilovers or do i need to get the coilover/shocks combo? i want to lower my car a bit and improve the handling. will adding aftermarket shocks make a noticable improvement or am i ok just using coiolvers w/ my stock shocks? there is a pretty big difference in price.

I'd go with a shock/spring combo, but not coilovers. If you change the ride height of your car, you'll inadvertently change the stroke height of your shocks...whick means the shocks will be in a constant state of depression. (not emotionally, but physically)

air struts are nice if you're not looking for a race-functional setup.

as well as getting an alignment each time you adjust the height. its a hassle. i would invest in some springs and some shocks that are compatable with springs. eibachs are nice and aren't too bouncy. koni shocks usually go well with eibachs.

do you all usually just buy coilovers or do i need to get the coilover/shocks combo? i want to lower my car a bit and improve the handling. will adding aftermarket shocks make a noticable improvement or am i ok just using coiolvers w/ my stock shocks? there is a pretty big difference in price.

i was very leary of coilover's too...then i installed the BuddyClub coils...they turned out to be amazing...best suspension i've had yet by far!!! I'm telling you straight out...invest in some good quality JDM sh*t, and you can't go wrong...if by all means you have some $$ to spend?...BuddyClub= wicked!! :thumbsup:

Ita all about the spring rate mang. But new stiff dampers are way nice. +1 for Koni yellows and Kyb AGX as far as oem style struts go...

+1 for Zeal and JIC coilovers, as far as fully built systems go.

Archived