RSX Type S Upgrades

WIZUD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1. No RSX will run that. I have seen turbo'd RSX on stock internals with Hondata K Pro running high 12's, but that's a turbo'd one. No way an RSX type S with I/H/E will run 13's. Bottom line.

then how is it that there are guys with timeslips to prove that they have run high 13's with just CAI/RH/E. I find it rather odd that it's been done but yet you say it can't be done. Also, how many of you actually have an rsx and have raced a s2k with your rsx? Like I have already said twice, I know a rsx-s can keep up with a s2k because I have done it. And also, like I already said, the rsx will lose in the long run, but in 1/4 mile with basic bolt ons it will be close and have a shot at winning.

I don't care what they run with a I/H/E. The 00 S2000 is not much slower than the new ones in the quarter. Average people see about a tenth quicker on the new ones. A bad driver can hit a 14.1-14.2 in a '00 S2000 so I don't know where you got those numbers from. On clubrsx.com 05 RSX's have to have CAI, Race Header, Exhaust, Hondata, IMG to break into the 13's. The quickest with those mods was a 13.8 and that was a type s with sticky tires. So I call bs on your statement unless they were running slicks.

So I call bs on your statement unless they were running slicks.

Yea tires make quite a difference. Unfortunately I haven't seen many people post what tires or even what suspension mods they have when posting timeslips, they just give what power adders they have. That's the case with the guy that ran a 13.6---he didn't post what tires he was using or if he had any suspension work done. I think I need to find this guy again and ask if he had anything else other than I/RH/E.

I've also read that stock setup's w/ suspension, tires etc.. on an RSX are bad about wheel hop. Notice that with yours? Oh and you need to change your sig. It's a well known fact that the 111lb/ft in the B16 is a torqueless wonder.

Wheel hop is pretty bad. That's why I got ESMM's for my car, they helped out a lot. Before I put them in there would be gaps in between tire marks on the pavement. I think that torqueless wonder could be used for most FWD hondas :laugh:. I saw a dyno sheet of a turbo'd rsx that made 400whp and only 296wtq.

The reason it seems so low to me is that I grew up around muscle cars and the rsx is my first import. I'm used to having more tq than hp. My mustang only made 263whp but yet it made 308wtq. So the low tq is taking some getting used to.

This is off topic but whats your fastest 1/4 mile pass? From the looks of your sig it looks like you have a major sleeper.

I wouldn't consider it a sleeper. People who know imports know it's not a sleeper when they are next to it. It is loud as hell, and the FMIC doesn't hide much.

I was supposed to be going to the track two weeks ago, but I snapped an axle. I won't be going to until I get my new clutch, and tires. Plus, school is killing me right now. My senior portfolio is due this week, adn I haven't started.

hahaha, i laughed when i saw the guy say that I/E/H on a type-s would run a 13.6.....ok....

my friends old S/C Type-S w/ I/E/H+K-pro+9 psi Pulley ran 13.3

BS x's google.

Hmmm....You seem to think I mean all type-s will do that, what I said was one person has done that, not everyone. Also if you would have read all of the post made then you would have seen that I said that the guy who ran a 13.6 didn't say what type of tires he was running, and that will make a big difference if he was running slicks vs. running street tires.:thumbsup:

• 6 months later...
Quote from Hondata website

Basically the stock IMG has a tendency to transfer heat from the block into the Intake Manifold which causes the air to heat up making it less dense, thus losing power. The Hondata gasket gets rid of that problem and reduced the amount of heat transfered into the Intake Manifold.

Yo does anyone know where to get an awsome intake manifold for a 05 dc5 k20z1 (05 rsx type s)

i have the integra r manifold on it right now but i want to switch it out for a more free flowing manifold but i havent been able to find any co. that make it for the k20z1 only the older integras

1141532849_l.jpg

1141534396_l.jpg

Archived