SubS

import142

i know infinity makes great speakers, but ive never heard their subs. what model subs do you have? if youre in an argument, pull your cars up next to eachother, and listen to see which ones are better, thats what really matters.

well in all honesty, it doesnt really matter who can push more power through their subs, he can put 2000 watts thru it and watch it explode. they are both good subs, and they both probably sound great. as long as you like how yours sound, then its all good

How much power you can push means nothing. For example, my dad has a set of Klipsch Horns (home speakers) that are reccommended to only push 150-200 watts max through them. My dad has them on a 100 watt's a piece and they are the best and loudest home speakers I've ever heard. Effeciency plays a big role. (Klipsch Horns are about $7500/pair by the way).

at the moment my top 3 are

Eclipse

JL

Rockford Fosgate(i have one 10" Stage 2 Punch and I love it)

i don't like

dual

sony

infinity subs

polk audio subs

i wrote a really long list a couple weeks ago about all this stuff, search the forums

Has anyone heard PPI's new subs. I don't have any, nor do I plan on getting any, but years ago, a buddy had a flat piston pro PPI that pounded harder than anything I ever heard,but their new ones dont look the same! Any info?

Has anyone heard PPI's new subs. I don't have any, nor do I plan on getting any, but years ago, a buddy had a flat piston pro PPI that pounded harder than anything I ever heard,but their new ones dont look the same! Any info?

I also had a buddy about 8-10 years ago that had the flat cone PPI subs and you're right, they pounded insanely hard. I don't know much about them anymore but back in the day they used to be top notch stuff. I also had a US Amps amp back in the day that was the best amp I've ever had. It was rated at 100 watts rms at 4 ohms but was quarter ohm stable and put out close to 2000 watts at quarter ohm.

who gives what people say. just cause he says that hiss subs are better than yours doesnt mean anything. kick him in the nuts, and then sit on his face until he says yours are better.

That's funny. Seriously, people who brag and say stuff to make you feel inferior are gay. fawk them. Go with Sexy's idea.

That's funny. Seriously, people who brag and say stuff to make you feel inferior are gay. fawk them. Go with Sexy's idea.

i personally like resonant engineering, though i have a kicker 15" compvr sub that thumps. i'm only pushing 600w in a sealed 5' enclosure. i'm suprised no one has mentioned adire audio's brahma sub. nice sp/sql but pricey just as the w7 and idmax subs are.

your right B16 those ppi flat piston subs were insane!!! , one show i was in this guy out of my class was runnin 1 12" , thats right 1 12. for those into sound offs and dbl jams youl know. he was hittin 145 db with 1 12. i was amazed. ive had 2 JLAudio 12's now for 6 years . 6 years of beatin the piss out of them and they still sound great , mind you i wouldnt run them in a contest anymore , lol. best i hit with them was 141db. but i won 3 first place trophys in one summer out of the 3 shows i entered. JL is good subs man.

just cause i noticed i seen dr5 mention jl's w7's. they are the craziest sub ive ever seen in action. they have a 3" excursion. they are insane like get out of your car to run them wide open at a jam insane so you dont hurt your ears, lol.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived