Turbo?

VR17

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its max output (300hp) would be more than I would need

IF i have the 2510 running at max boost, not including the added power from anything else, it would br pushing 540hp, enough for me.

haha make up your mind, i personally find it hard to believe that the turbo can push more hp then its "max output" but if you think it can be done go for it..

Well, the 2510 isn't stock, neither is the boost controller, or the pistons, or the connecting rods, or.......... well, nothing is going to be stock really.

I might go with a slightly bigger turbo to make up for the power loss from the lower compression.

i understand that, but for the kind of hp numbers you want i think you'll need a bigger a/r then .64. the 2540r (.86 a/r) will get you better hp numbers at safer boost levels and has a higher max output (i believe around 400hp). either way you go, it'd be awesome to see a s2000 runnin a GT series turbo for once instead of the t04's, gl with that :D

Well here it is plain and simple, the bigger the engine, the better the exhaust production and how fast and how much the turbo can spool.

Example. When I had my TD04 turbo, which was the factory small turbo, I was pushing around 16 psi and got decent gains. I know a guy, named Allen, single turbo conversion on a Supra and the turbo he has on there is a TD04, small ass turbo, very quick spool. At 16 psi he dynos in at about 475 hp. Big, big difference of what two more cylinders and bigger displacement can do.

my only point has been and will be, why not use a 2540 with a bigger a/r, you'll hit the horsepower numbers you want on much less boost. less boost on a n/a engine goin turbo is always a good thing.

haha w/e go get ur 2510 and show me the dyno chart of you hitting 540 hp then

so its just a coincidence that this T04R just happens to yeild hp in the 600-700 hp output range?

http://www.t04r.com/members/nilsleufven.html

http://www.t04r.com/members/rogermarquez.html

http://www.t04r.com/members/olegkouznetsov.html

but how can that be, by your logic, the supras should be pushing 900+hp hmm

that doesnt seem to have anything to do with... anything. just because its not a s2000 doesnt mean that the engine works differently. and if you are implying that because they dont have built engines and thats why they arent hitting higher hp numbers, a built engine isnt going to add the, by your logic, extra 300+hp. and btw the 2510 is internally wastegated, good luck pushing 20psi on an internal.

fine 240+300=540 i know that i'm an ME major i can do math. the problem is ur adding a max output to a max output from the engine... it doesnt work like that in the real world. but if you think you can get 540 out of it, go for it and then show me the charts... or just get the car first? cuz i mean engine work alone is gonna total up to around 5k on top of a 25k car so... yeah as ur 16 good luck with all that!

Since you weren't here.....

Parents buy me the car $34,000

I fix up the engine $20,000 +

I fix up the rest of the car $12,000+

I got bit by a dog and got insurance money. I worked over the summer. I am starting work at a grocery store in a week. I already had a lot of money in my savings account.

Archived