Turbo?

VR17

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, compression is too high. Crower is custom making titanium connecting rods for mine, and still waiting for word from JE about lc pistons. I'm using all HKS components, a 6-core intercooler, SSQV blow off valve, and GT2510 turbocharger.......vroom.

Ummmmmm yeah there are a couple of turbo kits out there for the S2000. It is true the compression is very high on those cars but there are a couple turboed S2k's running around.

www.ultimate-racing.com

They have the cheepest complete kit out for the S2000 today. Around 5 grand, and projected numbers for it are around 300 hp to the wheels and doing the quarter mile in mid 12's. The biggest thing to worry about on those cars is the rear end. I have said it before and will say it again, it is weaker than an old woman in bed. It will wanna break with more power, so no dropping the clutch, alot of slipping.

Hmmm.... never seen them before. I'm kind of skeptical about things I haven't heard of.

JE agreed to make lc pistons for my S2000, so those along with my Crower rods should let me boost it up to around 400-415 at the wheels. I'll make a topic of all of the parts I'm getting once I get home from my grandmas.

EDIT... But still 300 at the wheels isn't anything new. You can get 300 at the wheels using the Comptech supercharger. Either way of f/i you choose doesn't matter until you build the bottom end (excluding lag, heat, and the power loss you get with a s/c).

See the thing with the Comptech or the Vortech superchargers is that hey don't start buliding boost until 6 grand, when VTEC pokes out its little head.

The fastest time ran with a Comptech or a Vortech charger off the top of my head I believe was a 13.1. Not to quick for the 5 or 6 grand you are throwing down for the thing. With theses turbo kits you are in the 12's easy and the boost starts building around 3 or 4 grand. Alot sooner than the charger.

With theses turbo kits you are in the 12's easy and the boost starts building around 3 or 4 grand. Alot sooner than the charger.

Imagine that, but with a HKS GT2510 (GT is the ball bearing series for HKS) turbo that is putting out 100 more horsepower, plus, well, I'll post my list later like I said.

No, I already have my setup thought out......

HKS GT2510 hairdryer

HKS 6-core intercooler

HKS SSQV bov

HKS bc and tt

HKS SMF filter

HKS turbo flange

I had thought about the Comptech s/c, but they are too played out, and I want THE fastest street legal (yep, no nitrous) S2000 in the country that is privately owned (so if some company, say..... Top Secret makes an S2000 faster than mine, they can read my little quote thingy and follow directions).

Crower is going to make some titanium rods for me, they said it will take about 10 weeks to do, and run about 440 a rod. JE and I are in talks right now about lc pistons, so I don't know yet about the stats on them. I want to get the comp. lowered enough to boost 15psi, but too low to have to boost it that much just to make up the power loss from the lower cr.

• 2 weeks later...

The GT2510 is the smallest turbo HKS. I am using it for its quick spool up time (ball bearing so a little faster than a normal turbo). Its max output (300hp) would be more than I would need. The other turbokits may use a bigger turbo, but they can't turn the boost up without having to buy a new engine.

why not a little bit bigger turbo (2540), and not as much boost. more boost doesnt always = more power. although i'm sure 15psi is well with in the efficiency range of the 2510, but with you building the engine up, i'd guess it could handle 15psi on a 2540 and have a higher hp output.

Archived