want to turbo my 85 crx si!!!!!:)

highskoolracer

i want to turbo my 85 crx si and want to know if ill have to do a motor swap?

if so what kind of motor to run 12s at least.

im still in high school but me and my buddy do everything for my friends cars everything from a motor swap

to kick ass stereos.

moneys kinda tight for the motor but can do turbo piping myself.

i know alot about internals but dont really want to mess with them if so my dad can help.

need to know.

give me a few ideas :tumbsup:

ebay motors has a really nice one for $850 with around 35,000 miles on it....the only problem with that is these are imported from japan and i've heard that these motors have not been kept up with very well with things like oil-changes and other maintnence. there is other web-sites like inlinefour.com and hmotorsport.com i think that's what they're called that sell engines

Go to www.sunrisejdmmotors.com

They have the complete swap. You will need an OBD conversion though.

too late sold the rex for 5000 made it look pretty and the guy bought it. also sold my little pick up. with the money i got a 98 integra with a gsr motor with a t73 turbo puttin out 430 horses on 91 octane pump fuel. also came with drag radials and ran a 11.32 in 1/4 mile on 91 and 18 lbs of boost. fastest car ive ever driven and i love it. no one can beat me. 8)

too late sold the rex for 5000 made it look pretty and the guy bought it. also sold my little pick up. with the money i got a 98 integra with a gsr motor with a t73 turbo puttin out 430 horses on 91 octane pump fuel. also came with drag radials and ran a 11.32 in 1/4 mile on 91 and 18 lbs of boost. fastest car ive ever driven and i love it. no one can beat me. 8)

Ok, I bet you did. Post pics. GSR with a T73 ? Ok, definately post pics.

Don't say nobody can beat you. Plenty of us can.

+1 ... and 11.32 is fast, but he isn't hitting those numbers with that set up. Bottom line.

heres what it is i was told wronge and i am hitting those #s. B18C1 DOHC VTEC from a 2001 GSR. T60 hybrid Garrett turbo, 4 core intercooler, 40mm Greddy type RS bow ff valve, Gerddy wastegate with a 30mm dumptube, 2.75 in pipes fromt the turbo back also Greddy, including the muffler. fully upgraded digital ignition from MSD, blaster SS coil and distributor, 500cc injectors from tunertoys 277Lph warlboro pump, mugen rail with a 1/2 in bore. brand new ECU flashed and programmed.

heres what it is i was told wronge and i am hitting those #s. B18C1 DOHC VTEC from a 2001 GSR. T60 hybrid Garrett turbo, 4 core intercooler, 40mm Greddy type RS bow ff valve, Gerddy wastegate with a 30mm dumptube, 2.75 in pipes fromt the turbo back also Greddy, including the muffler. fully upgraded digital ignition from MSD, blaster SS coil and distributor, 500cc injectors from tunertoys 277Lph warlboro pump, mugen rail with a 1/2 in bore. brand new ECU flashed and programmed.

i ment no one can beat me in my town i live in a small town in idaho.

he can hit 400whp with that setup but the prolem is he never mentioned anythin about internals. SSR will back me up here you cant run that much boost on stock internals so either hes lyin or doesnt know the full extent of whats done to his motor.

thats what i said , when i said he cant run that much boost on stock internals i meant the boost needed to make 400 whp,without havin his internals altered.

thats what i said , when i said he cant run that much boost on stock internals i meant the boost needed to make 400 whp,without havin his internals altered.

he told me that the motor was built from the ground up and bored out i dont know how much. but everything was redone. but im not going to keep calling him and asking these questions everthing im telling u is the truth think what u want.

he told me that the motor was built from the ground up and bored out i dont know how much. but everything was redone. but im not going to keep calling him and asking these questions everthing im telling u is the truth think what u want.

no, you make up what you want; we'll know what we know.

a B18C1 will not spool that big of a turbo until about 6500-7000rpms. what we know from this is that while you might be making a lot of power in the 7000+ rpm range, you aren't making anything below 7000rpms. this equates to a very choppy power band. it'll also run like absolute crap, won't idle well, and won't hit 11's.

Archived