Speakers(questionss)

Munkee

hey everyone I wantd to thank everyone for their help and advice. I ended up with ifinity Kappa Components and they sound awesome. Cost 314 at Discount audio. When I decdided they we're what I wanted I found a second pair on ebay for 161 with shipping and handling. Anyone have components in their rear setup? Plus did a 95 s have factory speakers, because mine does not.

another good brand of coaxial speaker(4.5" , 6",etc), MBQuart. MBQuart make good speakers as well. but if you want subs than JLAudio only way to go imo. most bang for the buck.

i forgot to mention for people working with a wiring disaster or starting our with no head unit installed already. a good trick for finding which speaker wires are for which speaker: get yourself a AA battery. speakers wires are in twins. place one speaker wire on one end of battery than start touching all the others to the other end and when you hit the other wire for the speaker it will put out snow(static sounds).

Im sorry but i HATE JL i have two JL 10in subs in a box and yes they sound decent but i would rather have two 12in audiobahn immortals, a friend of mine has one immortal in his S-10 and you cant stand to sit in the thing for 5 minutes when the volume is on 7 and the bass is all the way down... the immportal is one of the hardest hitting subs that is out right now besides the jackhammer... for the price i would hit up Eclipse Titanium series, their 10 out does the W7 JL 13.5in...:thumbsup:

Hey B16, I understand that your buddies truck may out perform your jl's. What type of JL's due you have? How can you compare two 12"anything to two 10" subs of course they wont out perform. What type of amp do u have running? The JL will out last and create a much better sound than those subs your buddy is running. Plus Position of the sub is another huge factor to sound. In that truck there is alot more room alot more air, and if you would put those subs in your del sol, they wouldnt sound nearly as good. I know JL may not be the cheepest, but if your looking for a quality sub, that will sound good and last a while, it is the only way to go.

i can tell you right now , i have W-0 JLAudio subs in my trunk. there isnt a subwoofer on the market IMO that will outperform a W-7. go read about JLAudio W-7's , than come back and post , lol.

i never said that i compared my subs to his immortals because i have two new JL W0 and they do not hit that hard and they are in a air tight box stuffed with cotton so they are hitting as hard as they can... and for the amp it used to be a JL 500/1 but now i have a better amp (sosche 500/1) it adjusts itself to the subs so it will never blow them... and we have a sub contest at my school every year and there is a guy with 2 12in W7's and my friend with his one immortal and the immortal killed the W7 in a decible contest... so no JL is too overpriced and they are way too overrated... and I've heard a 10in Eclipse Titanium Series Vs. the 13.5in JL W7 and the W7 lost that decible contest also so really JL is overrated overall...

Like I said in my last post, Sound isnt just due to the sub, amps and box does a huge diference, so b16 you cAn say what you want about all you db competitions. Compare the subs in the same vehicle same box same amp, Then compare the two, There is nothing overrated about JL, anyone who know crap about audio know that they are top notch audio. You switched from a JL AMP TO a Sosche AMP, I just lost respect for you buddy

Like I said in my last post, Sound isnt just due to the sub, amps and box does a huge diference, so b16 you cAn say what you want about all you db competitions. Compare the subs in the same vehicle same box same amp, Then compare the two, There is nothing overrated about JL, anyone who know crap about audio know that they are top notch audio. You switched from a JL AMP TO a Sosche AMP, I just lost respect for you buddy

thats funny because the W7's and the Eclipse Titanium's were both in two different chevy tahoe's... not in two different vehicles... and plus the sosche amp hits harder on my W0's than the JL amp ever did... i have the sosche turned half way down and it pumps more watts than the JL ever would... so i gave the JL to my little brother... he has it now because it is crapty... before i knew anything, if i had a choice to either have a JL 500/1 AMP or a Sosche 500/1 AMP i would have picked the JL... because i never heard of Sosche, like you probally havent... then after i heard it on my W0's it suprised me alot, i never thought it would sound that good...

I still think that ALPINE is the best though...

Let me clarify things for some of you. There are different factors when determining which subwoofers are louder from hearing it in a car.

1. Proper amp to push the subs?

2. Type of car? (no not the company)

3. Properly tuned enclosure

4. Type of subwoofer

5. sound deadening?

Have a nice day!

Archived