JDM coilovers or piece it together?

Exclusive Honda Girl

Just having mixed feelings about whether to go all out and get the JDM Magic coilovers--or go seperate-shock/spring/top mounts... thinking HKS springs- koni yellows--bottom line...wan't a sweet suspension!

Running the Tein SuperStreet dampers right now...ok-but want a tighter ride!

Any feedback would be appreciated!! Peace :)

i run skunk2 on mine girl(01 civic Si, ex US) 2.0" drop all 4 corners , handles and looks great. ill tell ya coilovers ride rough , real rough lol .

if you're looking for a decently tight ride, w/ a good drop, but still to ride decent you'll want springs. coilovers, like cranny said, are rough (great handling, but rough)

i would suggest either KYB AGX, Tokico Illumina, or the Kony Reds for the struts, and a good name brand springs such as gold line, progress, tein, Eibach, etc etc

you want something that has a good guarantee and that is guaranteed to sag only the smallest amount, or not at all.

i love my coilovers, i dont mind the rough ride (even with adjustable shocks) but the only down side is i went cheap (arospeed).. don't get me wrong, great springs and coilovers and all, but they sag just a little, and that kinda gets on my nerves lol.

if you're looking for a decently tight ride, w/ a good drop, but still to ride decent you'll want springs. coilovers, like cranny said, are rough (great handling, but rough)

i would suggest either KYB AGX, Tokico Illumina, or the Kony Reds for the struts, and a good name brand springs such as gold line, progress, tein, Eibach, etc etc

you want something that has a good guarantee and that is guaranteed to sag only the smallest amount, or not at all.

i love my coilovers, i dont mind the rough ride (even with adjustable shocks) but the only down side is i went cheap (arospeed).. don't get me wrong, great springs and coilovers and all, but they sag just a little, and that kinda gets on my nerves lol.

My first suspension on the '01 were the Eibach pro line (reds) which dropped it about 2 1/4 w/ stock struts.

I found them to be rather sloppy and sagged in the rear.(in my '96 Si I rocked Apex springs & Koni reds... very happy)

Ive heard really good things about the KYB AGX struts--My friend has them in his '02 WRX w/ STI springs-Cusco sway bars etc...it is a monster for suspension.

I've also heard good things about the Buddy Club coilovers too.

Not completely turned off by rough -- as long as it sits nice and handles tight!! :crazy:

gold line is sweet.

the reason prolly that you're getting bad ride w/ the eibachs is due to stock struts.

if you can't afford the konis, definately look at KYB AGX or the tokico illumina.

do NOT get KYB gr-2's or the tokico blues - they'll blow out on you VERY quick, they are actually made as a stock replacement strut, not a lowering strut.

Gold line w/ a 1.75" drop on your 01' will be about 160 for the springs, give or take some depending on where you get them.

Progress springs are at like... i'd say around 2.2" and are the same price as the gold lines, or pretty close if i remember

just stay away from the crap brands, ESPECIALLY if you end up getting coilovers.

Actually, you're wrong. Tokico blues will not blow out on you. I have my car lowered along with them, and they are just fine. In fact, my friend has skunk2 coilover sleeve springs slammed almost all the way, and he has tokico blues, and they are working just fine. Adjustable shocks are over rated.

im wrong. ok, just because you have a good experience with them, im wrong.

my best friend has them, and he's got his lowered about 2", and his blew out after 5 months.

so you're wrong.

actually you're not, but you're wrong because i say so.

or something like that.

actually its a matter of opinion, so we're either both wrong or both right, but its definately not one sided.

fact stays, GR-2 and the tokico blues are made as a stock replacement.

to effectively and properly drop a car, you should do it with the right parts.

get skunk2 springs girl i love them there tight as hell.even drop and handles awsome. in summer with my 17's on , ive never heard as much as a chirp yet, car sits level on hard cornering. Plus couple guys on ebay got em on for a smokin price.$118.00 US. this is with stock struts too so couldnt even imagine if i through some konis on it.

hahaha +1 ya rude mofo. im workin on it im workin on it. like i says i dont wanna get crazy with this. no sense really dont even like the platform. i bought this car knowin down the road soon K20 series will get cheaper and bango im in.

Adjustable shocks are over rated.

I totally agree! Not that they aren't good, if tuned right, but 90% of then I've seen on peeps cars are totally tuned wrong. It takes a lot of trial/error to get them right, and most people just max them out, and think thats the best (WRONG!) 85+% of the price of adjustables goes into the valve, which leaves a cheap shock .

Archived