Top speed ?

InfinitePrelude

I resently went to a race track with a long straight so i had the chance to see what me top speed is like. in the book it says 142mph, but my speedo went past 150 but my speedo only goes to 150 so how do i find out my true top speed? can i get a cluster that reads higher then 150mph?

stock 185bhp 2.2vti vtec nothing done to it.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with him that the stock honda prelude will def go over 143 becuase i was out on a country road and went 147 with a little more 2 go so he def isnt crazy

I've also gone over 145 in a fully stock 98 lude!

Couldn't you also use a nice GPS unit?

your speedo is off everybodies is off the only true way to tell is radar.

its like when your on ice and u can go 90 and be sitting in one spot!

The only true way to tell how fast the car itself is moving is radar.

Your speedo is set to overread slightly.....and the faster you go the more it will over read.

The 142 qouted by Honda will be true speed, so even if your speedo is reading 150mph, you may actually only be doing 139 - 142mph.

wow just because your piece of crap car wount go that fast or handel that well dosent meen its stupid just because your car cant handel high speeds nore made for it dosent meen you have to hate 97acord

noob.

Ok heres a question on preludes... When i look at the honda prelude specs 5th gen in the UK

There are two main types that I don't understand about.

2.2VTI VTEC 185BHP (thats mine) 0-60mph 7.5 seconds

2.2VTI VTEC 200BHP Montegi 0-60mph 6.9seconds (some magazines say 6.6)

baring in mine this is heavier because it comes with the full electric pack.

But is it possible the just 15bhp can take off nearly 1 second? (0-60) and what affect would that be on a drag strip?

prelude22VTiMotegiCoupe-1999.jpg

Archived