a question to everyone

WOAHaS2000

I think that a turbo is alot better than a Supercharger... i mean you have to change the pulleys for increase your boost on a Super, but on a turbo all you have to do is use a remote to increase or decrease your boost... but for a S2K i think i would go with a Blitz supercharger... i would never Turbo on a S2K that would just knock off all the balance that car has! :thumbsup:

Ultimiate Racing's kit (which comes with greddy e-manage) is only 5500 and if someone charges you 2k for install, I hope they use a lubricant.

sp engineering charges 2k for rsx turbokit install and i wouldnt think s2000 would be that much diff for install

Then they are screwing people over. Turbo Kit install is no more than 8 hours at a qualified shop. That means they are charging $250/hour. Seems a little steep to me, but maybe you're cool with that.

Spoon S2000 is n/a and you'd have to sink some serious time and money to make the power that they are n/a.

+1. Spoon is bad ass though, no matter how you look at it.

Wow, for that amount of money, they better do a lot more than install a turbo kit. Take your time and do it yourself. If you can't do it yourself, look around. Most palces will charge about 1,000.

just check with honda tuning companies, tell them what your looking to do with your car an they'll give you the best advise i believe hks also had an interest in the s2000, but just look around both turbo's an supchargers will kill the engine but tuning companies can tell you which would work better with your car.

+1. Spoon is bad ass though, no matter how you look at it.

Wow, for that amount of money, they better do a lot more than install a turbo kit. Take your time and do it yourself. If you can't do it yourself, look around. Most palces will charge about 1,000.

+1. fawk labor!

Spoon S2000 is n/a and you'd have to sink some serious time and money to make the power that they are n/a.

Good call, Spoon doesn't do FI.... you could get the same power as the Spoon prepped S2000 for probably about $7100, the turbo will yield more HP for a couple grand less.

http://www.spoonsports.us/catalog/products/engineAssy.htm

Good call, Spoon doesn't do FI.... you could get the same power as the Spoon prepped S2000 for probably about $7100, the turbo will yield more HP for a couple grand less.

http://www.spoonsports.us/catalog/products/engineAssy.htm

Yeah if i had a S2K i would do the motor in Spoon, Mugen, ARC, maybe some TODA and Amuse (maybe) but that would run real nice all motor S2K no boost b/c the boost will throw off all the balance that the car has! i would only use a S2K for the corners not straights! Togue Only! :thumbsup:

My friend just got rid of his Comptech Supercharged RSX Type-S for his Sti (wrecked :( ) He also had exhaust, intake, K-pro tuning, and a full-race header...still only put down 230 to the crank...weak. Go with the turbo, comptech superchargers are weak...

clubrsx.com has a bunch of rsx s running the comptech supercharger and hitting around 280whp. They are running around 13.4 qm. Don't ask me why, but the same power out of a turbo setup over there is running closer to a 13 flat or even high 12's. There are a lot n/a with very mild mods running mid to high 13's.

Yeah if i had a S2K i would do the motor in Spoon, Mugen, ARC, maybe some TODA and Amuse (maybe) but that would run real nice all motor S2K no boost b/c the boost will throw off all the balance that the car has! i would only use a S2K for the corners not straights! Togue Only! :thumbsup:

on the note of balance careful taking corners with the s2k cause its not a very forgiving car. if you start to understeer and ease of you'll go into a spin. the newer s2k don't have that so much though. so having a turbo can affect the handeling of this car.

Where are you getting your info. My dad's S2000 handles awesome (2001). Every other S2o00 I've heard of is the same way. They even say that it's hard to make an S2000 a good drift car because they handle so well, it's hard to break them loose.

He had a 9 lb pulley on there, got it dynoed and put down, ok i underexaggerated, about 230 to the wheels...the 1/4 mile time on the dyno was 14.5 with AEM V2 intake, race header, Greddy evoII exhaust, and K-Pro engine management...I thought it was weak....slower than a stock SRT-4, uh oh.

My friend just got rid of his Comptech Supercharged RSX Type-S for his Sti (wrecked :( ) He also had exhaust, intake, K-pro tuning, and a full-race header...still only put down 230 to the crank...weak. Go with the turbo, comptech superchargers are weak...

bastard. you dont know how many damn people buy STi's and wreck them. it gets me so frustrated.

yeah he's mad rich though...15K in damages. He was in front of me coming home form a restaurant and tried to take a 90 degree right turn in the rain at about 55. Spun out, hit a curb, bounced into a concrete wall while pulling the e-brake ( :crazy: )...the 2 front tires were pointing in towards the car, shocks/struts stretched out like 5 times what they should be, and bumpers/lights/wheels are ruined. just in case you were wondering what happened. Haha he said he wants to get fornt and rear sway bars, lower it (?), and get Falken tires for extra grip....paranoid??? I think so

Archived