a question to everyone

WOAHaS2000

So im thinking of getting a COMPTECH supercharger for my 2002 S2000.

and im wondering what everyone thought of the supercharger vs Turbo charger.

(http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/S2000/CAFTER/Comptech+Superc.html A.K.A This beast.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also , if anyone has an ideas on anything else i should get with this kit so that i dont fawk something up. :D

I think that the times of the supercharger compared to stock are very un-impressive. Most of the ones I've seen that list times, show a mid to high 13 qm which is not a lot faster than stock for 4-5k. One of the turbo kits for the S2000 runs a 12.6 qm with just the kit. It's about 6k for that turbo kit but much worth the extra grand IMO.

Turbochargers suck.

damn.

:ph34r:

i saw an s2000 with a turbo at one of the evo sti meets, and the turbo was bigger than my head. ran an 11 flat.

turbo all the way.

Both of those models listed were Centrifugal S/C. I don't believe they make a Roots blower for the S2K.

Unless Jackson Racing makes one now. Those are the only Roots blowers for Honda's that I know about.

Ahh thought Comptechs were root >< my bad :-"

go for the supercharger man . comptech have built 2 charger kits for the s2000. talk to them and be sure to get their dyno test sheets,very impressibe gains in hp.they have done a lot of testing on the s2000 and got some very cool results.

Just checked on their website because I didn't think you were right, and you're not. The link you posted is just a forum with people discussing without proof. Comptech's website lists 1 kit that comes with the option of an aftercooler. Also none of the 3 dyno charts on their website for the supercharged S2000 show more than 300whp. THe highest was around 290whp With 160-180 max torque at 6800rpms. The turbo gives max torque of over 200 at around 5000. The entire power/torque curve of the turbo kit is more impressive than the supercharger.

Quote from Comptech

340 horsepower at the crank!

Archived